GCSE Lit Exam

Watch this thread
AnimalLoverSimba
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
How did u guys find it, i did DJMH and AIC.
What did u think of the extract for DJMH?
GatitoMeow123
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
I did A Christmas Carol and An Inspector Calls. I found that A Christmas Carol was surprisingly easy but An Inspector Calls was a bit more difficult. With the question about An Inspector Calls, did you do the question about Eric or about how inequality in society lead to tragedy occuring?
AnimalLoverSimba
Rep:
Did v nequality one, eric one rlly suprised was hoping for v inspector as a character. But anyways i tried to make a sperate point for mr B, Sheila, Gerald, Mrs B and v Inspector but wasnt able properly explain the effect of my chosen quote 4 him. What question did u pick?

(Original post by GatitoMeow123)
I did A Christmas Carol and An Inspector Calls. I found that A Christmas Carol was surprisingly easy but An Inspector Calls was a bit more difficult. With the question about An Inspector Calls, did you do the question about Eric or about how inequality in society lead to tragedy occuring?
GatitoMeow123
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by AnimalLoverSimba)
Did v nequality one, eric one rlly suprised was hoping for v inspector as a character. But anyways i tried to make a sperate point for mr B, Sheila, Gerald, Mrs B and v Inspector but wasnt able properly explain the effect of my chosen quote 4 him. What question did u pick?
Yeah I also did the question about inequality. It was definitely very challenging and I think that I might have completely messed it up (I included some stuff about Eric but I also included stuff about Eva and about how young people are not always treated equally or understood.)
thrivingfrog
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I did inequality for AIC, and idk about anyone else but I thought it was worded quite weird? Like I didn't know whether to explain how the inequality is caused in the play, or how we are directly shown that inequality leads to tragedy (inspectors speech and stuff) so I just did both
GatitoMeow123
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I think that it was about how the inequality leads to tragedy but if you wrote about how inequality is caused in the play then that should also be okay. It depends on the examiner though because if they are a nice examiner then it shouldn't be an issue. But if you are unlucky and get a bad examiner then it might get you marked down. I highly doubt it though.
AnimalLoverSimba
Rep:
Yeah I also did the question about inequality. It was definitely very challenging and I think that I might have completely messed it up (I included some stuff about Eric but I also included stuff about Eva and about how young people are not always treated equally or understood.)
point sounds good, hey if u didn't do as good as u hoped, there's still paper 2. ngl I didn't get to my conclusion, but oh well
AnimalLoverSimba
Rep:
yh it was defo a wierd one, but v inspector's last speech was perfect for expressing the disastrous effect of inequality shame I didn't get to finish v paragraph

(Original post by thrivingfrog)
I did inequality for AIC, and idk about anyone else but I thought it was worded quite weird? Like I didn't know whether to explain how the inequality is caused in the play, or how we are directly shown that inequality leads to tragedy (inspectors speech and stuff) so I just did both
thrivingfrog
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I think that it was about how the inequality leads to tragedy but if you wrote about how inequality is caused in the play then that should also be okay. It depends on the examiner though because if they are a nice examiner then it shouldn't be an issue. But if you are unlucky and get a bad examiner then it might get you marked down. I highly doubt it though.
Yeah I thought so, but I both to be safe, and when I explained how it was caused I explained how it eld to tragedy (e.g how Eric raping her led to her pregnancy, how she lost her job etc and how they all resulted in tragedy eventually)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (51)
26.02%
As I expected (65)
33.16%
Harder (72)
36.73%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (8)
4.08%

Watched Threads