The Student Room Group

english literature will i get full marks still?

hi! guys i didnt have time to write all my ideas and
i didnt analyse the poems quotes but i knew the context so i wrote about it. i also added in one line about the authors purpose i can i still get full marks?
Original post by weriCRYS
hi! guys i didnt have time to write all my ideas and
i didnt analyse the poems quotes but i knew the context so i wrote about it. i also added in one line about the authors purpose i can i still get full marks?

How can anyone possibly answer that?
Reply 2
okay maybe YOU cant answer that
is this GCSE or A level?
Reply 4
Original post by Highover
How can anyone possibly answer that?

because some people told me you need at least one quote and one context for full marks others told me you needed at least 3 im basically asking which one is the right one so i can see if i got full marks??
Reply 5
Original post by woodwinding2022
is this GCSE or A level?

GCSE
Original post by weriCRYS
GCSE

Oh sorry, can't help you there then. I do A Level Lit.
Reply 7
Original post by woodwinding2022
Oh sorry, can't help you there then. I do A Level Lit.

It's alright! thanks for at least replying :proud:
you don't automatically get full marks for following a specific formula -- it would still need to be well written and analysed. If your analysis and points are good enough, you could potentially get full marks, but you would probably be more likely to get full marks if you have a wider range of evidence and context. But basically, it's kinda impossible to say whether you got full marks, but it would still be possible for you to if everything else you wrote was amazing.
Reply 9
(Original post by potatoes25)
you don't automatically get full marks for following a specific formula -- it would still need to be well written and analysed. If your analysis and points are good enough, you could potentially get full marks, but you would probably be more likely to get full marks if you have a wider range of evidence and context. But basically, it's kinda impossible to say whether you got full marks, but it would still be possible for you to if everything else you wrote was amazing.

thanks for the explanation:smile:, some people where confusing me in school turns out there's no method to get full marks...english i cant get low on thats why i might be asking over the top questions.
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 10
To people who got confused with my question, i'm basically saying will i be able to get full marks if i didn't do a lot of analysis as in quoting and i didn't get to write down all my ideas, so is one idea enough? Thats all im asking.

Quick Reply

Latest