My cousin and her parents think I’m copying her

Watch this thread
anajam
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hey guys! So this is gonna be kinda long please bear with me :<

Two years ago I was a high school student doing my GCSEs and I planned on studying law when I get to uni (also because my dad is a lawyer and he motivated me), however just last year I changed my mind after my AS Levels, and thought of going for architecture instead!

At the same time, my cousin was in the same situation as me, she was planning on studying medicine, but decided to change to Law instead.

So back to the present, currently my cousin will be starting her second year of Law in September, and I was planning on starting my first year of Architecture then too, but I changed my mind suddenly. I don’t want to study architecture anymore because after doing more research into it, it’s just not something I can see myself enjoying. I want to do law again!

I talked to my cousin about this dilemma because we are like best friends/sisters and she didn’t seem to be happy about it at all, even though she’s already in her 2nd year and I’ll just be starting 1st.

I don’t know what to do.
an0therstudent
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
so what if you are copying her, is she the only one in your family allowed to do law? you are allowed to change your mind about things and seriously she needs to get her priorities straight because you were going to do law in the first place so if anything she copied you. i think you should not decide to change a career that you are interested in just because a family member isn't happy because at the end of the day, you are going to be the one working in that job and so the only thing that should influence your decision is you!
Zerforax
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Law is a huge field (solicitor or barrister, which area of expertise) and a lot of people who do law degrees don't even go on to practice law so why would it matter?
londonmyst
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Focus on your own ambitions, feelings and building the happy future life that you want.
The opinions of relatives and third parties are not that relevant to your studies or future employment plans.
Good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

What is missing from the school curriculum?

Basic life skills (eg. cooking) (18)
28.13%
Financial skills (eg. taxes, budgeting) (32)
50%
First aid skills (3)
4.69%
Personal safety skills (1)
1.56%
Sign language (8)
12.5%
Expanded sexual health/relationships (1)
1.56%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
1.56%

Watched Threads