A level physics mechanics

Watch this thread
Heixi
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Stuck on how to calculate area of the pipe
Name:  9719ED68-89CB-4B6A-A914-04B0090F505B.png
Views: 13
Size:  295.2 KB
Last edited by Heixi; 1 month ago
Callicious
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
You have the volume flowing into the turbine per second. Volume per second is area times velocity. You know the maximum possible speed of the water as it arrives to the turbine. Volume needs to be conserved (if you assume incompressibility of the fluid, which applies well for water/is assumed.)
_sabz_
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
i remember doing this question but can remember where from could you let me know what paper its from?
Callicious
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by JinTech)
Attachment 1052665Rate of flow per second divided by the cross sectional area of the intake pipe = v (which you worked out in the previous)
then just re-arrange for the radius.
It's against the guidelines to provide an explicit numerical solution/do someone elses work for them.
JinTech
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
my bad
Heixi
Rep:
It’s from a specimen paper
Heixi
Rep:
(Original post by Callicious)
It's against the guidelines to provide an explicit numerical solution/do someone elses work for them.
It’s not homework though ? The markscheme wasn’t clear on how the area was worked out so I was just wondering about that
Callicious
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Heixi)
It’s not homework though ? The markscheme wasn’t clear on how the area was worked out so I was just wondering about that
In general you're not recommended to provide worked solutions and the like- that's just doing the work for someone. Providing guidance and/or helping someone with their solution is the way to go.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (65)
28.02%
As I expected (72)
31.03%
Harder (87)
37.5%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (8)
3.45%

Watched Threads