exam paper booklets

Watch this thread
apples983
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
im currently doing my gcse's and im just curious as to why all the exam papers have a hole in the top left hand corner? why is it holepunched lol
TriplexA
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by apples983)
im currently doing my gcse's and im just curious as to why all the exam papers have a hole in the top left hand corner? why is it holepunched lol
Hi there

:iiam:

Good luck with your exams though!
reecepitt
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by apples983)
I think for if you use extra paper they put a bit of string with the paper through it
epacnoss
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Yeah, then that way the paper stays together without cutting off writing space.
The string bit: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treasury_tag

(Original post by reecepitt)
I think for if you use extra paper they put a bit of string with the paper through it
apples983
Rep:
(Original post by TriplexA)
Hi there

:iiam:

Good luck with your exams though!
Thank you so much
apples983
Rep:
(Original post by reecepitt)
bye it's that simple why didn't i think of that lol
Mulefa
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Anyone else noticed that none of this year's exams (with AQA and Edexcel, at least) have dates on them? All the past papers I've seen clearly have the day, month, and year printed at the top and yet none of them seem to this year - anyone know why that is?
banana8224
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Mulefa)
Anyone else noticed that none of this year's exams (with AQA and Edexcel, at least) have dates on them? All the past papers I've seen clearly have the day, month, and year printed at the top and yet none of them seem to this year - anyone know why that is?
this question and that hole one have been bugging me for so long, hopefully someone answers!!
jamesh234
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I saw something from AQA for exam officers/teachers which said that they have stopped printing the date due to increased uncertainty around this year and so if they have to change the date of the exam at the last minute, it will not be confusing or harder to process.
Mulefa
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Thank you! That makes a lot of sense. Although they obviously haven't changed the script for exams officers because my one keeps tell us to check the day, time, month, year etc. on the exam paper.
jamesh234
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Thank you! That makes a lot of sense. Although they obviously haven't changed the script for exams officers because my one keeps tell us to check the day, time, month, year etc. on the exam paper.
Yes, I think it may be that either they still print in on the exam officer's one (because it's only one copy and can be changed easily) or your exams office may still think that they have date/time on it because I don't think it was officially announced, just answered as a FAQ of some invigilators who had asked, and they might have not looked at the front of the paper in detail.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

What is missing from the school curriculum?

Basic life skills (eg. cooking) (17)
27.42%
Financial skills (eg. taxes, budgeting) (31)
50%
First aid skills (3)
4.84%
Personal safety skills (1)
1.61%
Sign language (8)
12.9%
Expanded sexual health/relationships (1)
1.61%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
1.61%

Watched Threads