University of York

Watch this thread
Nezuko kamado
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
How is university life at York
mike23mike
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
Its a lovely Campus uni and a beautiful city. You will not regret going there.
hallamstudents
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
Nezuko kamado my brother is currently a student at the university of York and he absolutely loves it. York itself is a great city, both modern and historical And I have heard uni of York's campus is lovely. They also have lots of societies, and York itself is big on student life.

You should attend an open day to see if its the right fit for you. There will be welcome talks telling you about the city and uni, and night life talks, on about what there is to do on a night.

Hope this helps.

- Rosie
Anonymous #1
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by hallamstudents)
Nezuko kamado my brother is currently a student at the university of York and he absolutely loves it. York itself is a great city, both modern and historical And I have heard uni of York's campus is lovely. They also have lots of societies, and York itself is big on student life.

You should attend an open day to see if its the right fit for you. There will be welcome talks telling you about the city and uni, and night life talks, on about what there is to do on a night.

Hope this helps.

- Rosie
I visited York's campus and was a little bit concerned that it felt much smaller than other (city-campus) universities I'd visited. Did your brother ever find it a bit claustrophobic or wish for more anonymity/privacy?
hallamstudents
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I visited York's campus and was a little bit concerned that it felt much smaller than other (city-campus) universities I'd visited. Did your brother ever find it a bit claustrophobic or wish for more anonymity/privacy?
He has never had this problem no. He is quite social though and spends a lot of time with his flatmates doing things. He has the privacy of his room though when he wants to be alone, and often walks through campus (by a lake!) on his way to the gym, and he's felt it was quite private. If you'd prefer a bigger university and city though, then explore this

- Rosie
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (21)
26.58%
As I expected (24)
30.38%
Harder (29)
36.71%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (5)
6.33%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed