Help with making the best decision! 🤔

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I have received offers for two courses- Education and Education and sociology. However, I am currently stuck as to which course to do- both courses have modules which I would enjoy.

I was wondering if anyone could give me the pros and cons of each course? And their opinion as to which course is better?
Thanks
Anonymous #1
:bump:
University of Strathclyde
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I have received offers for two courses- Education and Education and sociology. However, I am currently stuck as to which course to do- both courses have modules which I would enjoy.

I was wondering if anyone could give me the pros and cons of each course? And their opinion as to which course is better?
Thanks
Hey Anon! For the Education & Sociology course - have you enquired whether there could be flexibility within the degree? For example, after first year would you be able to change the degree and focus purely on Education if you're not enjoying the Sociology, or vice versa? That could be a good option for you to look in to. Are the courses you're considering both at the same university or different ones?

The courses both have the Education element there so it's really just whether or not you'd like to study Sociology. Having two subjects within your degree keeps your study broad and gives you a chance to experience different teaching methods within departments. Maybe speak to current Sociology students at the universities you're considering (universities tend to have apps etc you can use to chat to their students) and see what they consider to be the good/bad things about the course?

- Caitlin
Official University of Strathclyde Rep
Anonymous #1
(Original post by University of Strathclyde)
Hey Anon! For the Education & Sociology course - have you enquired whether there could be flexibility within the degree? For example, after first year would you be able to change the degree and focus purely on Education if you're not enjoying the Sociology, or vice versa? That could be a good option for you to look in to. Are the courses you're considering both at the same university or different ones?

The courses both have the Education element there so it's really just whether or not you'd like to study Sociology. Having two subjects within your degree keeps your study broad and gives you a chance to experience different teaching methods within departments. Maybe speak to current Sociology students at the universities you're considering (universities tend to have apps etc you can use to chat to their students) and see what they consider to be the good/bad things about the course?

- Caitlin
Hi Caitlin!
I have enquired bout if there is flexibility in the degree- and there is!
The only issue however is that I have already done my first year at another university/course, and now want to do another degree. Due to this, I may not be able to change my course laterr on, as student finance may not cover it.

These courses are both at the same university. At the moment, I am trying to find a software that I can connect to the current students, and my course is not listed.
University of Strathclyde
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi Caitlin!
I have enquired bout if there is flexibility in the degree- and there is!
The only issue however is that I have already done my first year at another university/course, and now want to do another degree. Due to this, I may not be able to change my course laterr on, as student finance may not cover it.

These courses are both at the same university. At the moment, I am trying to find a software that I can connect to the current students, and my course is not listed.
Hello! That sounds like a good option if you have flexibility later on in the degree It's maybe worth reaching out to your student funding body (Student Finance England if you're an English student) and enquire about what would happen in this instance.They'll have dealt with similar enquiries in the past and be able to advise :five: SFE have their own TSR thread too which could help: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=910

If you can't find any students then reach out to recruitment/admissions/teaching staff at the university. They should be able to help give you more info around the teaching and subjects :cute:

Best of luck!
- Caitlin
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (26)
27.96%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (31)
33.33%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (9)
9.68%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
3.23%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (5)
5.38%
I’m starting to consider my university options (13)
13.98%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (4)
4.3%
I’m not planning on going to university (2)
2.15%

Watched Threads