How do you deal with people who always view you as a bad person?

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Ever since I was 14 years old, I met people who always thought I'm a bad person. I excelled at studies while my elder sister who is elder than me by 11 years hated to study. When she had problems at her job because she was too busy gossiping with coworkers instead of working, out of blue a family friend kept blaming me for her failures. Saying I'm cause of all mind you I was just 14 years old and more of introvert who studied and played video games at that age. I can't comprehend what I did wrong. Even when my sister had a fling with a married man, the neighbours kept insisting it was me who did it and I was involved and kept saying so many horrible things about me. Once the truth came out that its my sister, all they did was just shrugg it off and say she's sensitive so it's justified.

Another incident I had at school, there was this teacher who I always respected and one day he says people like me are known to be ungrateful and bad while certain students he had were more of grateful bunch, the irony of the situation is that that very certain students simply hated him and always made fun of him.

The worst blow ever came from the words of my own mother. She suffers from a heart condition and osteoporosis so I'm the person who always looks after her and I keep her as a priority. I never had the freedom my sister had to hang out with friends because I needed to look after my mom who apparently says that she's so sure that I'm gonna abandon her once I get a job because she knows I'm selfish type. Like seriously I devoted all my time to her after school. I stay awake on days she's really sick while my elder sister is soundly asleep or busy arguing for trivial matters with mom.

Although some say actions speak louder than words. No matter how good I try to be. I'm always seen as evil.
I'm considered unkind if I refuse to do something when I feel someone is taking advantage of me.
I'm considered rude if I try to protect my mom from my sister's arguments.
I'm considered as cruel because I don't think it's fair that I must look after my elder sister who is very healthy and has been unemployed for years because she is lazy to work. I'm considered cruel because I can't justify her toxicity as sensitivity and just understand and support throughout old age.
I'm considered greedy despite the fact I always give my allowance and any money I get from side job directly to my mom.

No matter what I do or how much sincerety I show, people keep assuming I'm an evil Villainess.

Honestly I feel tired for having to continually prove my goodness. Sometimes I wish I could live in a place without people. The constant hate and assumptions are tiring. I'm not a flawless person but I'm not as horrible as they say.

Anyone who might have a similar experience, I would really appreciate some advice on how you guys dealt with such situation.
Arkcano
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Ever since I was 14 years old, I met people who always thought I'm a bad person. I excelled at studies while my elder sister who is elder than me by 11 years hated to study. When she had problems at her job because she was too busy gossiping with coworkers instead of working, out of blue a family friend kept blaming me for her failures. Saying I'm cause of all mind you I was just 14 years old and more of introvert who studied and played video games at that age. I can't comprehend what I did wrong. Even when my sister had a fling with a married man, the neighbours kept insisting it was me who did it and I was involved and kept saying so many horrible things about me. Once the truth came out that its my sister, all they did was just shrugg it off and say she's sensitive so it's justified.

Another incident I had at school, there was this teacher who I always respected and one day he says people like me are known to be ungrateful and bad while certain students he had were more of grateful bunch, the irony of the situation is that that very certain students simply hated him and always made fun of him.

The worst blow ever came from the words of my own mother. She suffers from a heart condition and osteoporosis so I'm the person who always looks after her and I keep her as a priority. I never had the freedom my sister had to hang out with friends because I needed to look after my mom who apparently says that she's so sure that I'm gonna abandon her once I get a job because she knows I'm selfish type. Like seriously I devoted all my time to her after school. I stay awake on days she's really sick while my elder sister is soundly asleep or busy arguing for trivial matters with mom.

Although some say actions speak louder than words. No matter how good I try to be. I'm always seen as evil.
I'm considered unkind if I refuse to do something when I feel someone is taking advantage of me.
I'm considered as cruel because I don't think it's fair that I must look after my elder sister who is very healthy and has been unemployed for years because she is lazy to work. I'm considered cruel because I can't justify her toxicity as sensitivity and just understand and support throughout old age.
I'm considered greedy despite the fact I always give my allowance and any money I get from side job directly to my mom.

No matter what I do or how much sincerety I show, people keep assuming I'm an evil Villainess.

Honestly I feel tired for having to continually prove my goodness. Sometimes I wish I could live in a place without people. The constant hate and assumptions are tiring. I'm not a flawless person but I'm not as horrible as they say.

Anyone who might have a similar experience, I would really appreciate some advice on how you guys dealt with such situation.
Man I feel so sad for you after reading this.

If you need someone to talk to don't hesitate to send me a private message. Take care. I may respond a bit late as I have my boards starting day after.
Last edited by Arkcano; 4 weeks ago
StriderHort
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
By not dealing with them generally.
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)

Sometimes I feel the same that if I can live in a place without people but at the end that's life we can't live in it alone. Ignore people who makes you feel sad or bad , they are trying to toxic your thoughts and your life. Don't deal with them or even make yourself that you are not seeing them. Life didn't end here and you can definitely find good persons such love yourself and be positive
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (26)
27.96%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (31)
33.33%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (9)
9.68%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
3.23%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (5)
5.38%
I’m starting to consider my university options (13)
13.98%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (4)
4.3%
I’m not planning on going to university (2)
2.15%

Watched Threads