The Student Room Group

OCR A Level Further Maths Core Pure 1 - 25 May Exam Chat

soooo how did everyone find it? personally found it harder than any other past paper but hey ho, onwards and upwards.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by M249
Did anyone else get 10.43cm^3 for the paperweight vol of revolution question? And was a conversion to cm^3 needed or was it already in the right unit?

damn forgot units
Reply 2
Original post by Boingnyahboing
damn forgot units

Wasn’t it in the right units anyways?
dude are you capping on purpose

Original post by M249
Agreed. I was thrown off by it having 10 questions (not like 7). Also the last question with simple harmonic motion ahrrr so mean of them. I never learnt any modelling / SHM as it wasn’t on the advance information
Original post by M249
Wasn’t it in the right units anyways?

yeah but to write them down
Reply 5
dude are you capping on purpose

???
(Original post by M249)???

there were 9 questions and no shm
Original post by M249
Nah don’t worry u won’t get marked down for that so doesn’t matter

oh is it calmmm i only made one mistake on the linear systems one i accidentally forgot to put the t on the coefficient of C in my solution
Reply 8
(Original post by M249)???

there were 9 questions and no shm

Ahh no just realised I’m on the wrong exam board. Sorry didn’t wanna confuse anyone! And deleted what I said before
Original post by M249
Ahh no just realised I’m on the wrong exam board. Sorry didn’t wanna confuse anyone! And deleted what I said before

oh thank god i started to panic
Reply 10
Original post by M249

Guessing you do Edexcel lmao, we had 10q and a shm for the last one
I completely messed up the differential equation, I’ll probs only get the marks for following through with my solution (so like 3 marks). Cos my initial AE was wrong. Rest of it was pretty straightforward, haven’t seen a polar question where they ask you to prove lines of symmetry before but it was ok in the end.
Reply 12
i was sitting there so confused trying to work out what the condition was for dx/dt😭 but then i realised i was meant to actually read the paragraph.

the proof question was a bit mad i was hoping for something more lightweight but they really said no

Original post by hfnjehmlihc
I completely messed up the differential equation, I’ll probs only get the marks for following through with my solution (so like 3 marks). Cos my initial AE was wrong. Rest of it was pretty straightforward, haven’t seen a polar question where they ask you to prove lines of symmetry before but it was ok in the end.
What do we think the boundaries will be?
Reply 14
Original post by GeorgiaMariaS
What do we think the boundaries will be?

Hopefully low lmao
Original post by Rhi579
Hopefully low lmao

Think they'll be the average between 2019 to 2021?
Reply 16
Original post by PerpetualAgony
Think they'll be the average between 2019 to 2021?

They'll probably be higher than 2021, but imo the 2019 paper was much easier than this one so could be anything
Can anyone remember what they got for the last question? Like 8x^6-9x^3-1 or something?
Original post by GeorgiaMariaS
Can anyone remember what they got for the last question? Like 8x^6-9x^3-1 or something?

i got a 7 instead of 9 but cant remember if it was + or - and i forgot to multiply by 8 :' )
Ahhh yeah okay same! I forgot to multiply by 8 till I got out the exam

Original post by tired_and_gay
i got a 7 instead of 9 but cant remember if it was + or - and i forgot to multiply by 8 :' )

Quick Reply