OCR A Level Further Maths Core Pure 1 - 25 May Exam Chat

Watch this thread
B.j
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
soooo how did everyone find it? personally found it harder than any other past paper but hey ho, onwards and upwards.
Boingnyahboing
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by M249)
Did anyone else get 10.43cm^3 for the paperweight vol of revolution question? And was a conversion to cm^3 needed or was it already in the right unit?
damn forgot units
M249
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Boingnyahboing)
damn forgot units
Wasn’t it in the right units anyways?
Boingnyahboing
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
dude are you capping on purpose

(Original post by M249)
Agreed. I was thrown off by it having 10 questions (not like 7). Also the last question with simple harmonic motion ahrrr so mean of them. I never learnt any modelling / SHM as it wasn’t on the advance information
Boingnyahboing
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by M249)
Wasn’t it in the right units anyways?
yeah but to write them down
M249
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
dude are you capping on purpose
???
Boingnyahboing
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by M249)???

there were 9 questions and no shm
Boingnyahboing
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by M249)
Nah don’t worry u won’t get marked down for that so doesn’t matter
oh is it calmmm i only made one mistake on the linear systems one i accidentally forgot to put the t on the coefficient of C in my solution
M249
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by M249)???

there were 9 questions and no shm
Ahh no just realised I’m on the wrong exam board. Sorry didn’t wanna confuse anyone! And deleted what I said before
Boingnyahboing
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by M249)
Ahh no just realised I’m on the wrong exam board. Sorry didn’t wanna confuse anyone! And deleted what I said before
oh thank god i started to panic
Skiwi
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by M249)
Guessing you do Edexcel lmao, we had 10q and a shm for the last one
hfnjehmlihc
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I completely messed up the differential equation, I’ll probs only get the marks for following through with my solution (so like 3 marks). Cos my initial AE was wrong. Rest of it was pretty straightforward, haven’t seen a polar question where they ask you to prove lines of symmetry before but it was ok in the end.
B.j
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
i was sitting there so confused trying to work out what the condition was for dx/dt😭 but then i realised i was meant to actually read the paragraph.

the proof question was a bit mad i was hoping for something more lightweight but they really said no

(Original post by hfnjehmlihc)
I completely messed up the differential equation, I’ll probs only get the marks for following through with my solution (so like 3 marks). Cos my initial AE was wrong. Rest of it was pretty straightforward, haven’t seen a polar question where they ask you to prove lines of symmetry before but it was ok in the end.
GeorgiaMariaS
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
What do we think the boundaries will be?
Rhi579
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by GeorgiaMariaS)
What do we think the boundaries will be?
Hopefully low lmao
PerpetualAgony
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Rhi579)
Hopefully low lmao
Think they'll be the average between 2019 to 2021?
Rhi579
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by PerpetualAgony)
Think they'll be the average between 2019 to 2021?
They'll probably be higher than 2021, but imo the 2019 paper was much easier than this one so could be anything
GeorgiaMariaS
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Can anyone remember what they got for the last question? Like 8x^6-9x^3-1 or something?
tired_and_gay
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by GeorgiaMariaS)
Can anyone remember what they got for the last question? Like 8x^6-9x^3-1 or something?
i got a 7 instead of 9 but cant remember if it was + or - and i forgot to multiply by 8 :' )
GeorgiaMariaS
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Ahhh yeah okay same! I forgot to multiply by 8 till I got out the exam

(Original post by tired_and_gay)
i got a 7 instead of 9 but cant remember if it was + or - and i forgot to multiply by 8 :' )
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (62)
27.31%
As I expected (71)
31.28%
Harder (86)
37.89%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (8)
3.52%

Watched Threads