Dayekh
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Who is doing the exam tmr?
123me123321
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
How did yall find the exam???
HP231204
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by 123me123321)
Wasn't really good for me.. found the jan paper better
123me123321
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
Yeah it wz wayyyyyy harder than all the previous exams
123me123321
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
Any idea how many raw marks 90 ums wd be
Haider Munawar
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
Any idea how many raw marks 90 ums wd be
No idea. But what I can say is that that exam was very very hard. Like most people in the exam hall said that the exam was very hard. Some even said that it was the highest paper every put out for p3. Anyhow, what I will say is that I'd expect an A* to be around 58-60.
123me123321
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
Did you manage to solve all the questions?
123me123321
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Haider Munawar)
No idea. But what I can say is that that exam was very very hard. Like most people in the exam hall said that the exam was very hard. Some even said that it was the highest paper every put out for p3. Anyhow, what I will say is that I'd expect an A* to be around 58-60.
I hope the grade boundaries wd be similar to those of S1 jan 2022 exam. Cuz most ppl came out of that exam saying that it wz very hard, and fortunately for them the grade boundaries turned out to be much lower than usual
Haider Munawar
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
Did you manage to solve all the questions?
Yes, I managed to solve all the questions and had double checked alot of the questions with my calculator. After the exam, I asked my friends and they also confirmed alot of my answers. Not to toot my own horn, but I am quite good at Maths, so this performance is not an accurate representation of how most people did. I asked several people in my exam hall and my friends, with the exclusion one, not a single person said that the exam was easy or that they were confident with their performance. So, as long as your not aiming for an A*, I wouldn't lose too much sleep over it.
raxon
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
how did yall solve that last question where you have to solve the equation ( 2sinx cos x= sth) dont remember the exact equation but it was sth like this. how did yall rewrite it?
mayaelezbawy
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
it was honestly horrible, the questions' style was soooo different, I really hope the grade boundaries are really low

mayaelezbawy
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
I really really hope so
I hope the grade boundaries wd be similar to those of S1 jan 2022 exam. Cuz most ppl came out of that exam saying that it wz very hard, and fortunately for them the grade boundaries turned out to be much lower than usual
benjaminpavlou
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
2sinx + cosx = - 2 use the Rsin(x + a) or Rcos(x - a) formulae, no scaffolding which they normally would have given in other years
Last edited by benjaminpavlou; 4 weeks ago
Haider Munawar
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
That's not the only way, you could have done cosx = sqareroot(1-sin^2(x) and solved it that way.
(Original post by benjaminpavlou)
2sinx + cosx = - 2 use the Rsin(x + a) or Rcos(x - a) formulae, no scaffolding which they normally would have given in other years
Haider Munawar
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
Also guys, I have a question. Essentially, if you recall, in the second last question, part b, we had to write an iterative formulae. When I was substituting big T into the equation (in the integral), I accidently wrote it as a small t. I realized this after completing the WHOLE question and then wrote a line above the small t, making it a weird combination between t and T. In the end of the question I wrote that weird combination is equal to big T to clarify. I asked my friend, he said I'll be alright, what do you guys think?
Last edited by Haider Munawar; 4 weeks ago
Haider Munawar
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
Oh yeah btw, I forgot to mention that for the 12 in the expression I wrote t as big T instead (for some reason I didn't forget it when writing it then), so it was 12T = the expression that we had to show expect with that weird combination.
Once again, I wrote that weird combination is equal to T.
123me123321
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Haider Munawar)
Oh yeah btw, I forgot to mention that for the 12 in the expression I wrote t as big T instead (for some reason I didn't forget it when writing it then), so it was 12T = the expression that we had to show expect with that weird combination.
Once again, I wrote that weird combination is equal to T.
yeah i think u will be fine as long as u made it clear that u meant "T" and not "t"
123me123321
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
yeah i think u will be fine as long as u made it clear that u meant "T" and not "t"
but like even if u ddnt i dont think they wd deduct marks for something like that . Cuz as far as i know u only "get" marks for what u have correct, u dont "lose" marks. I just think they ignore such stuff
Haider Munawar
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
I did by writing T equals then that weird combination between T and t.

X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (7)
33.33%
As I expected (3)
14.29%
Harder (10)
47.62%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
4.76%

Watched Threads