The Student Room Group

how do I find out what i’ve missed in school?

due to anxiety, i’ve spent the last 7 months off school. i haven’t done any home-learning because i find it extremely difficult (didn’t do any in lockdown either but was fine when i went back to school). I’m currently in year 9, and I’ve just been accepted into a new school. it’s a grammar school and I don’t know what they’ve exactly learnt. there’s a general curriculum, but no details.

i’m most worried about english, because I don’t know what to learn in preparation. how do i catch up what i’ve missed?
Original post by ami_church07
due to anxiety, i’ve spent the last 7 months off school. i haven’t done any home-learning because i find it extremely difficult (didn’t do any in lockdown either but was fine when i went back to school). I’m currently in year 9, and I’ve just been accepted into a new school. it’s a grammar school and I don’t know what they’ve exactly learnt. there’s a general curriculum, but no details.

i’m most worried about english, because I don’t know what to learn in preparation. how do i catch up what i’ve missed?

When are you starting?
Original post by Muttley79
When are you starting?

after half term
Talk to teachers and get help in catching up. Focus on the subjects you are taking as GCSEs.
Original post by ami_church07
after half term

Quick Reply

Latest