AQA GCSE English Literature Paper 1 8702/1N - 25 May 2022 [Exam Chat]

Watch this thread
weriCRYS
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
i would just want some one who knows the answer to answer this. i did the theme question but only talked about context not any quotes could i get decent marks for only mentioning context? dang disappointing
Last edited by weriCRYS; 4 weeks ago
swrhaa
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
Yes I also did a theme question, and always talked about context especially during mocks which was then marked by my english lit teacher who is also an examiner and ended up with grade 9s. As long as you use judicious references such as individuals such as Sheila would have advocated on behalf of the 'young women' during the Suffragette movement.

Hope this helps
(Original post by weriCRYS)
i would just want some who knows the answer to answer this. i did the theme question but only talked about context not any quotes could get decent marks for only mentioning context? dang disappointing
Aanu3001
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
How did people do in lord of the flies?
weriCRYS
Rep:
(Original post by swrhaa)Yes I also did a theme question, and always talked about context especially during mocks which was then marked by my english lit teacher who is also an examiner and ended up with grade 9s. As long as you use judicious references such as individuals such as Sheila would have advocated on behalf of the 'young women' during the Suffragette movement.

Hope this help

thanks.
weriCRYS
Rep:
i really shyed away from the theme which was an easy question. what most teacher say is that for the theme question you need to add in characters which i had ideas for but forgot to add in. and not only that my quotes were in random places not "3 quotes in one paragraph."....
weriCRYS
Rep:
(Original post by swrhaa)
Yes I also did a theme question, and always talked about context especially during mocks which was then marked by my english lit teacher who is also an examiner and ended up with grade 9s. As long as you use judicious references such as individuals such as Sheila would have advocated on behalf of the 'young women' during the Suffragette movement.

Hope this helps
so you talked about the character with the context? i didnt have time to do that unfortunately:plz2:
weriCRYS
Rep:
so you talked about the character with the context? i didnt have time to do that unfortunately:plz2:
my context was for all the character..
ineedhelp101010
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
i would just want some one who knows the answer to answer this. i did the theme question but only talked about context not any quotes could i get decent marks for only mentioning context? dang disappointing
i think about 40% of the paper is marked on ao2 which is basically things u infer from the quotes/the text as a whole and around 15% is ao3 which is relevant contextual refernces. did u write any quotes in?
weriCRYS
Rep:
(Original post by ineedhelp101010)
i think about 40% of the paper is marked on ao2 which is basically things u infer from the quotes/the text as a whole and around 15% is ao3 which is relevant contextual refernces. did u write any quotes in?
im thinking i wrote 2 or 1 and these quotes are random parts of the novel too
anon2367
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
i'm with ccea exam board and did a question on of mice and men and i mentioned quotes and answered the prompt but i didn't mention any methods used by the author so i think i got 0 in ao2 idk if i can still get a decent mark despite it
swrhaa
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
yeah thats the way i could only mention Priestley's use of the characters

_kvymnnn
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
how did you include context? i was finding it so hard to do so
weriCRYS
Rep:
(Original post by anon2367)
i'm with ccea exam board and did a question on of mice and men and i mentioned quotes and answered the prompt but i didn't mention any methods used by the author so i think i got 0 in ao2 idk if i can still get a decent mark despite it
did you replace the writers method with anything like context or idea behind it?
weriCRYS
Rep:
(Original post by anon2367)
The thing is I got so carried away with context thinking that it was more important but i find out after the test its 15% and a02 is 40% . if i had never used context i wouldve 100 % used writers methods. i dont know what to do now
Last edited by weriCRYS; 4 weeks ago
anon2367
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
did you replace the writers method with anything like context or idea behind it?
i just used my quotes to back up the point i was making in each paragraph, literally no mention of the effect of language in the quotes or anything im so mad at myself bc im predicted 8 i have no clue what i was thinking :'(
anon2367
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
The thing is I got so carried away with context thinking that it was more important but i find out after the test its 15% and a02 is 40% . if i had never used context i wouldve 100 % used writers methods. i dont know what to do now
same with me in my head i thought oh i dont really have to explain methods thats what you do in the language paper but nope i was deffo meant to my essay was out of 40 and i think i couldv'e got max 20 marks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (8)
44.44%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (4)
22.22%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
11.11%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (0)
0%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (0)
0%
I’m starting to consider my university options (3)
16.67%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (0)
0%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
5.56%

Watched Threads