What is the furthest you would travel to attend a hobby?

Watch this thread
Redfrost
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
What is the furthest you would travel, (in time taken to get there) to train at a sports class once per week?
Mohammed_80
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Redfrost)
What is the furthest you would travel, (in time taken to get there) to train at a sports class once per week?
Manchester. I play football as a goalkeeper and if I need to be an understudy or deputise for my team goalkeeper then so be it. And I would love to go and see AON training complex.
Redfrost
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Mohammed_80)
Manchester. I play football as a goalkeeper and if I need to be an understudy or deputise for my team goalkeeper then so be it. And I would love to go and see AON training complex.
I meant travel from your home at least once per week to train. How long would it take you to get there..

I’d love to be a goalkeeper I like the fast reaction element of it, I’m way too short though

I often wonder is it harder to get on teams etc as a goaly as there’s much fewer goalkeepers than players I’d imagine it’s more competitive
Mohammed_80
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Redfrost)
I meant travel from your home at least once per week to train. How long would it take you to get there..

I’d love to be a goalkeeper I like the fast reaction element of it, I’m way too short though

I often wonder is it harder to get on teams etc as a goaly as there’s much fewer goalkeepers than players I’d imagine it’s more competitive
Takes me about 3 hours and 30 minutes. Because I need to change between 3-4 trains. Yeah I was known to be a goalkeeper because of the reflex saves that I keep on making and the use of my legs. It’s not though practice makes perfect, and at the moment for me it’s preseason. Obviously for the number one jersey when you have no competition it isn’t all that competitive when you do you are under pressure to perform.
ROTL94 2
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
0 miles. Just exercise at home, or go running round the neighbourhood when there's no one about.
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
If I wasn't working, probably up to about 1.5 hours. About 30 minutes max on top of work though.
tinyperson
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
2-3 miles
Tw1x
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Working 11 hours a day, 0 miles
All my hobbies I can do from home and/or jog locally, I'm too knackered after work to make any real effort to travel for hobbies. Although my work buddy does dance class, but she isn't full time
PinkMobilePhone
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
About half an hour each way (so an hour round trip) for a hobby.

Not that I have any.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (39)
32.23%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (55)
45.45%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (26)
21.49%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
0.83%

Watched Threads