Is this too expensive?

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Nearly £14k for uni accom at London School of Economics (LSE)?
BurstingBubbles
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
It sure sounds like a lot! How much does it work out as per week? And the most important question, can you afford it?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by BurstingBubbles)
It sure sounds like a lot! How much does it work out as per week? And the most important question, can you afford it?
It’s a 50 week contract, I only need it for 40. I’ve heard some people try to find someone else to take over their contract. Works at £279p/w.

Takes my entire student loan, but I get a £4k bursary from LSE and I’ve been working during a gap year to save up.
Anonymous #1
Bump
BurstingBubbles
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
It’s a 50 week contract, I only need it for 40. I’ve heard some people try to find someone else to take over their contract. Works at £279p/w.

Takes my entire student loan, but I get a £4k bursary from LSE and I’ve been working during a gap year to save up.
That is a lot, but then again it's London - are there any other cheaper options? If you can afford it then that's fine, but if you can find somewhere cheaper then you could have more money left over for other things like food and activities etc.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by BurstingBubbles)
That is a lot, but then again it's London - are there any other cheaper options? If you can afford it then that's fine, but if you can find somewhere cheaper then you could have more money left over for other things like food and activities etc.
There is a cheaper option in the same accom. It’s a shared flat with one other person that’s £227p/w
flaurie
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
That’s the most expensive hall at LSE, is there any reason why you chose this over the overs?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by flaurie)
That’s the most expensive hall at LSE, is there any reason why you chose this over the overs?
I would like to be self-catered and I would like an en-suite—they’re my preferences. Out of the ones left there is Sidney Webb and Westminster.

In my opinion Westminster seems much nicer and considering the weekly rate is exactly the same (£227p/w), I’d rather choose Westminster. The only reason why Westminster is dearer is because the contract lasts 50 weeks instead of 40.
Anonymous #1
bump
aliiiiiiiii
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Hello, I was in Sidney Webb last term (just ended my contract there). I had an ensuite that worked to £211 a week, I had 6 flatmates, you can have up to 8 I think. Honestly, if Westminster and Sidney Webb were at the same price, you definitely made the right choice booking Westminster. Yes, it's dear but you won't necessarily find any cheaper places around that area with the same amenities so i'd say 10k for a year isnt a scam.Also, a lot of people will be needing summer bookings, I'm sure you will be able to find someone to take over the summer part (10 weeks) of your booking P.S private/non-student accommodations can be a lot cheaper, just gotta do a lot of hunting
Allie4
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
uh very!
Coventry University Student Ambassadors
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Hey,

I would say that is expensive, but then again London is really expensive. Maybe look into the cheaper alternative or have you considered private? Just make sure that you take other factors into your budget before you finalise your decision, i.e. food, transport, bills and activities.

I think research as much as you can for the best possible option before you decide. Good luck and I hope this helps!
Sara 😀
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (39)
32.23%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (55)
45.45%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (26)
21.49%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
0.83%

Watched Threads