Gcse English literature an inspector calls

Watch this thread
Anonyhairmouse
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Who picked the theme question, and what did you write about?
dahlia06
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
i did and i did 'unsinkable absolutely unsinkable' 'practical man of business' and 'fire and blood and anguish'
first quote- upper class is the titanic and so sunk and the people on the ship were sons of capitalists usually and so the tragedy was of course their death but because it is symbolic with the class system therefore their downfall after labour's landslide victory could be seen as a tragedy- the lower class is a metaphor for the iceberg
second quote- of course the business is obviously sheila's marriage but because he is talking about a business transaction it could be referred to as war as war is caused by the greed inherited by capitalists. then I linked it to sir stanley baldwin's criticism of how the rich exploited the poor & the labour party's manifesto of 'people would have won'- there is no business and if there is then lower class suffered because they wouldn't have been included- deaths occur and i mentioned eva then
third quote- direct link to capitalism and war again the sons of capitalists were at the front line and so the tragedy was they obviously died, the link to inequality was because it was capitalists fuelling the war and of course capitalism is just obviously associated with inequality, then the deaths occurred at their expense so inequality in society leads to tragedy
it prolly doesn't make sense now written^ but im sure it did in my answer booklet..
Last edited by dahlia06; 4 weeks ago
Anonyhairmouse
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Thank god- my teacher told me afterwards the question was about social responsibility even though it said inequalities?

I did:
“What happened to her afterwards, and what happened to her afterwards(…) a chain of events”

“Cheaper costs””higher prices” class inequalities
“Millions and millions and millions” shows the devastating effects this has

“In that state where a chap easily turns nasty”
Gender inequalities

“Fire and blood and anguish”
Consequences of an unequal society
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (21)
26.25%
As I expected (24)
30%
Harder (30)
37.5%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (5)
6.25%

Watched Threads