Can someone please explain this line 'He holds me well;' from Othello Act 1:3

Watch this thread
lmaooo_
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
The full extract is 'I hate the Moor, and it is thought abroad he's done my office. I know not if't be true. But I, for mere suspicion in that kind, will do as if for surety. He holds me well; The better shall my purpose works on him. Cassio's a proper man; let me see now; to get his place, and to plume up my will.' send help yall lmao
BalooBear
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
I hate Othello, and it's thought by many that he's slept with my wife Emilia. I don't know if it's true, but I'll hold the suspicion as if it is the truth. Othello thinks of me well and because of this, my goal (to bring him down) will work better on him. Cassio's a proper man: let me see - how can I simultaneously get his place as lieutenant and get rid of Othello (his will is to bring him down, as he says 1,1: "I follow him to serve my turn upon him")

If that comes up on the A level, you owe me a fiver
lmaooo_
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by BalooBear)
I hate Othello, and it's thought by many that he's slept with my wife Emilia. I don't know if it's true, but I'll hold the suspicion as if it is the truth. Othello thinks of me well and because of this, my goal (to bring him down) will work better on him. Cassio's a proper man: let me see - how can I simultaneously get his place as lieutenant and get rid of Othello (his will is to bring him down, as he says 1,1: "I follow him to serve my turn upon him")

If that comes up on the A level, you owe me a fiver
i add it as gcse but its a level? my english teacher is giving us this at y9
BalooBear
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
Im in Y13 and I still don't understand bits of Othello
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (18)
31.03%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (22)
37.93%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
3.45%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
5.17%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (4)
6.9%
I’m starting to consider my university options (7)
12.07%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (1)
1.72%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
1.72%

Watched Threads