Any ideas on refinement for my designs?

Watch this thread
GraphicsM23
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hello all.

As part of my university module, I was required to choose a theme for my final major project, which I decided to base on cancel culture. I wanted to produce an awareness campaign, pushing to encourage finding better alternatives to hold a celebrity accountable for their behaviour. So, I want to raise awareness about how cancelling celebrities can impact their mental health and wellbeing, their career and free speech.

I am thinking of refining these concepts into display posters. Any feedback or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Name:  cancel cancel culture ripped paper james charles concept smaller.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  45.9 KB Name:  Chrissy Teigen cancel cancel culture concept smaller.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  50.6 KB
Last edited by GraphicsM23; 1 month ago
Sav055
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by GraphicsM23)
Hello all.

As part of my university module, I was required to choose a theme for my final major project, which I decided to base on cancel culture. I wanted to produce an awareness campaign, pushing to encourage finding better alternatives to hold a celebrity accountable for their behaviour. So, I want to raise awareness about how cancelling celebrities can impact their mental health and wellbeing, their career and free speech.

I am thinking of refining these concepts into display posters. Any feedback or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Name:  cancel cancel culture ripped paper james charles concept smaller.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  45.9 KB Name:  Chrissy Teigen cancel cancel culture concept smaller.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  50.6 KB
Hi there, I'm a second year Graphic Design student (I'm heading to university in September) so I can give my 'design' and personal opinion if it's any help? I mean, it is just personal opinion. I definitely think opening a google form might help so people can give feedback anonymously.

If I was being my graphic designer self (if you would call it that), I really like your idea! I think using the ripped paper is a great and you should play around with that. I would think about making it slightly smaller on the face to help proportions. Maybe you could mess around with having a group of different paper with the hurtful words on it with 'Cancel culture' in the middle of them? Just an idea. Otherwise, great ideas!

If I were an audience viewing it, I would definitely understand what it means but would most likely associate it with a logo-type promotion rather than a poster? Maybe (providing copyright it looked into) find a celebrity that has been cancelled and can be recognised without their face. It might not be possible but maybe you could mess around with it. Otherwise, I still love your ideas

If you have any other designs, please do post them!
GraphicsM23
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hello Sav055.

Thanks for the suggestions.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (65)
27.9%
As I expected (73)
31.33%
Harder (87)
37.34%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (8)
3.43%

Watched Threads