What happens if

Watch this thread
jae jae
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
What happens if you don’t bring your NI number but you bring your passport on the day of the interview?

The company I applied for said; “Please bring your passport, brp card and national insurance number. It must all be the original copy and not a picture on your phone.”

O.o
DataVenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
It's very odd to asked to provide you NI number at the interview stage. I suspect they've asked for it to help do background checks, and think it's easier to collect it from all candidates being interviewed, rather than having to re-contact successful interviewees to ask for it.

As for not taking it with you, I suspect they'll just ask you to provide it separately. They'll definitely need it before you start work, and may need it (as I've just said) to do background checks. So if you don't have one (or don't have a record of it), now's the time to sort it out. See Find a lost National Insurance number.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (13)
30.23%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (16)
37.21%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
4.65%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (2)
4.65%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (3)
6.98%
I’m starting to consider my university options (6)
13.95%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (0)
0%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
2.33%

Watched Threads