The Student Room Group

Geography paper 1

Any advice?
none. i don’t even understand the advance information :frown:
I presume this is for A-Level, for Edexcel the advanced info is quite good tbf. One piece of advice is to make sure to use the PEEL paragraphs structure. Make your point, expand, example (case study or from the source booklet) and then link it back to the question) is a sure fire way of gaining the top marks.
Original post by c_hindle1204
I presume this is for A-Level, for Edexcel the advanced info is quite good tbf. One piece of advice is to make sure to use the PEEL paragraphs structure. Make your point, expand, example (case study or from the source booklet) and then link it back to the question) is a sure fire way of gaining the top marks.

really? i don’t know why but i can’t make out what is isn’t on there. other exam boards you can easily correlate each section to the textbook but they wrote whole paragraphs instead of sub headings.
Reply 4
Original post by badcolour
really? i don’t know why but i can’t make out what is isn’t on there. other exam boards you can easily correlate each section to the textbook but they wrote whole paragraphs instead of sub headings.

you can do a side by side comparison with the normal spec vs advanced info spec

normal
https://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/A%20Level/Geography/2016/specification-and-sample-assessments/Pearson-Edexcel-GCE-A-level-Geography-specification-issue-5-FINAL.pdf

advanced
https://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/A%20Level/Geography/2016/teaching-and-learning-materials/W73051_GCE_A_Geography_9GE0_AN_Accessible_version_v2.pdf
Reply 5
Original post by Newstead04
Any advice?

sitting it too, ask ur teacher for expected exam questions and plan each and do them in timed conditions
Original post by badcolour

Just look at topics such as tectonics, nothing from EQ1 is on the exam, glaciation once again nothing from EQ1, water focused only on EQ2. Carbon has a small bit from EQ2 and mainly focuses on EQ3!

Quick Reply

Latest