My friends hang out without me

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I have these 4 friends, let's call them Elliot, Layla, Lia and Sasha.

Elliot and Layla are twins, and Layla is dating Sasha. Layla and Sasha are my bestest friends out of the four, I have nothing against the other two, I just feel closer with Layla and Sasha. Recently Elliot told me that Layla and Sasha often hang out together without telling me, and I do understand that they are dating and probably wanna be alone but they do it a lot and don't even tell me they're going somewhere, and they rarely bother to ask me if I want to go. Elliot also said that when he tried to message me to tell me Layla and Sasha are going to hang out at a park, Layla saw him typing it out and she told him to not tell me.

So now me, Elliot and Lia are planning on going somewhere without them for payback, and they're really annoyed with us. Am I doing the right thing? I'd be too scared to confront them about it because Sasha would just get mad at me and probably not want to be my mate anymore. A similar thing happened in my old school, all my friends would leave me out so now I have major trust issues and idk what to do..
TriplexA
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I have these 4 friends, let's call them Elliot, Layla, Lia and Sasha.

Elliot and Layla are twins, and Layla is dating Sasha. Layla and Sasha are my bestest friends out of the four, I have nothing against the other two, I just feel closer with Layla and Sasha. Recently Elliot told me that Layla and Sasha often hang out together without telling me, and I do understand that they are dating and probably wanna be alone but they do it a lot and don't even tell me they're going somewhere, and they rarely bother to ask me if I want to go. Elliot also said that when he tried to message me to tell me Layla and Sasha are going to hang out at a park, Layla saw him typing it out and she told him to not tell me.

So now me, Elliot and Lia are planning on going somewhere without them for payback, and they're really annoyed with us. Am I doing the right thing? I'd be too scared to confront them about it because Sasha would just get mad at me and probably not want to be my mate anymore. A similar thing happened in my old school, all my friends would leave me out so now I have major trust issues and idk what to do..
Hi there.

This does sound complex however it's important to try to respect that Layla and Sasha will want some alone time together.

Perhaps communicate your concerns to Elliot and Lia about you worrying you'd be left out so they can reassure you that they're there for you (which could help you to become closer to them).

Hope this makes sense and helps.
Best wishes.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (8)
44.44%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (4)
22.22%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
11.11%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (0)
0%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (0)
0%
I’m starting to consider my university options (3)
16.67%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (0)
0%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
5.56%

Watched Threads