Asap physics help needed

Watch this thread
Behemouth
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
https://gyazo.com/e54a046a3627900d00a1168e04f07bf4
PLEASE HELP
Abzdot
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
Ok I can't give you some insane explanation but I think what i'm about to tell you is more valuable. These questions are probably the nicest ones out there. This is a spring harmonic so we know T=2π√(M/K).Just put some random but fair sized constant value for K, as we know this isn't changing and adjust M till you get 1.5T.

The beauty is this sort of method is perfect for multi choice as you aren't bound to method marks or anything like that. If you can spot the equation that you need to use, try putting in some realistic values and change what they want you to change. However, YMMV!!
Behemouth
Rep:
(Original post by Abzdot)
Ok I can't give you some insane explanation but I think what i'm about to tell you is more valuable. These questions are probably the nicest ones out there. This is a spring harmonic so we know T=2π√(M/K).Just put some random but fair sized constant value for K, as we know this isn't changing and adjust M till you get 1.5T.

The beauty is this sort of method is perfect for multi choice as you aren't bound to method marks or anything like that. If you can spot the equation that you need to use, try putting in some realistic values and change what they want you to change. However, YMMV!!
Isn't there a different way that I could be used?
Behemouth
Rep:
(Original post by Abzdot)

sorry am still confused
ashpritgcse2020
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Behemouth)
sorry am still confused
basically if you add 1.25 u get 2.25 and since t is proportional to root of m then root of 2.25 = 1.5 so its c
Ethanity007
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
Since T is proportional to sqrt M
T2/T1 = sqrt(M2/M1)
1.5 = sqrt(M2/1)
M2 = 2.25
Thus , we need another 1.25 added to the 1 kg
Behemouth
Rep:
(Original post by Ethanity007)
Since T is proportional to sqrt M
T2/T1 = sqrt(M2/M1)
1.5 = sqrt(M2/1)
M2 = 2.25
Thus , we need another 1.25 added to the 1 kg
got it thank you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (19)
32.2%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (22)
37.29%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
3.39%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
5.08%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (4)
6.78%
I’m starting to consider my university options (7)
11.86%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (1)
1.69%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
1.69%

Watched Threads