Not Happy with my Job

Watch this thread
peteryoungy
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So I work at M&S.

I have realised that with the high paid jobs you tend to work with people that is the same age as my parents. I am 17 BTW.

I fought it would be fun but I don't think that I want to be friends with my co workers.

I went to JD and the staff was maximum 30 yrs old. It was fun working there as they were friendly as I would actually get to be friends with them.
thrivingfrog
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
idk where i work is pretty good pay (for a 16 year old) and everyone there is around 16-19 apart from managers ofc
peteryoungy
Rep:
where do u work? In total there is about 15 staff and the next youngest is about 23. She's an international student. Cant communicate with her like my other friends.
ROTL94 2
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Ha, in my first job everyone was at least a decade older than me, some of them were even twice my age, you get used to it.
peteryoungy
Rep:
How can I make friends? I want to be happy while I am working. But I cant choose friends that are far too old. Maximum they should be is 25. There's only 1 below 25.
Leslie Knope
Report 1 month ago
I find it that working with people who are older than me are easier to make friends with. At my workplace a majority of the people are older, but I'm friends with all of them and I find it less awkward to be around them. Each to their own, I guess..
peteryoungy
Rep:
(Original post by Leslie Knope)
I find it that working with people who are older than me are easier to make friends with. At my workplace a majority of the people are older, but I'm friends with all of them and I find it less awkward to be around them. Each to their own, I guess..
u are lucky then.
thrivingfrog
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by peteryoungy)
where do u work? In total there is about 15 staff and the next youngest is about 23. She's an international student. Cant communicate with her like my other friends.
I work at a restaurant
peteryoungy
Rep:
I work at M&S where do you work
Amin7
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
But haven't you started today or yesterday?
peteryoungy
Rep:
today I saw the staff and just didn't look friendly I think. Unless if the shift that I will work will have people who are roughly some age as me.
gjd800
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I have never worked anywhere where I've wanted to have workmates as friends
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (39)
32.23%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (55)
45.45%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (26)
21.49%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
0.83%

Watched Threads