For all those in oxbridge or headgirls

Watch this thread
PlsAnsMyQuestion
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
heyy so this is kinda random but I’m thinking of doing some extracurricular activities so that when the time comes I can put it on my cv.
Getting into oxbridge has always been a dream of mine and so I was wondering if there were any recommendations as to which extracurricular activities I should do and any other advice (how to get into oxbridge, become head girl etc..)

Love to hear your thoughts!!
PlsAnsMyQuestion
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Is work experience any good?
hungrysalamander
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by PlsAnsMyQuestion)
heyy so this is kinda random but I’m thinking of doing some extracurricular activities so that when the time comes I can put it on my cv.
Getting into oxbridge has always been a dream of mine and so I was wondering if there were any recommendations as to which extracurricular activities I should do and any other advice (how to get into oxbridge, become head girl etc..)

Love to hear your thoughts!!
What do you plan on studying at uni? Extracurriculars aren't very important in admissions in the UK. Universities tend to focus more on supercurricular activities like further reading around your subject to demonstrate your passion.
PlsAnsMyQuestion
Rep:
(Original post by hungrysalamander)
What do you plan on studying at uni? Extracurriculars aren't very important in admissions in the UK. Universities tend to focus more on supercurricular activities like further reading around your subject to demonstrate your passion.
not exactly sure yet, i am interested in chemistry and mathematics so I'll probably do something in one of those fields...
PlsAnsMyQuestion
Rep:
also when you say "reading around your subject" what exactly do you mean?
hungrysalamander
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by PlsAnsMyQuestion)
also when you say "reading around your subject" what exactly do you mean?
Talk about articles, lectures, journals, workshops etc that you've read/attended in your personal statement and what you've learned from it or why it made you interested in chemistry or maths.
Cambridge provides a list of things you can have a look at:
https://www.undergraduate.study.cam....uggestions.pdf
PlsAnsMyQuestion
Rep:
Ahh ok, thanks!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (25)
27.47%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (31)
34.07%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (8)
8.79%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
3.3%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (5)
5.49%
I’m starting to consider my university options (13)
14.29%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (4)
4.4%
I’m not planning on going to university (2)
2.2%

Watched Threads