Should I reach out to my ex

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
My ex and I had a long term serious relationship and we broke up 2 years ago. I’m meeting other people trying to find someone new and I’m sure he is too. But sometimes I really miss him and just want to tell him. He always has a special place for me but we aren’t meant for each other. I don’t want to be with him again because it didn’t work out last time. Is it ok to just let him know? Sometimes I just wanna get it off my chest, I’m suffering with my feelings these days. My dates are crap and I feel so alone
StriderHort
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
No.
Bigflakes
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
My ex and I had a long term serious relationship and we broke up 2 years ago. I’m meeting other people trying to find someone new and I’m sure he is too. But sometimes I really miss him and just want to tell him. He always has a special place for me but we aren’t meant for each other. I don’t want to be with him again because it didn’t work out last time. Is it ok to just let him know? Sometimes I just wanna get it off my chest, I’m suffering with my feelings these days. My dates are crap and I feel so alone
Nah just leave him alone
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
I would honestly advice you to attempt, but don't necessarily expect for it go well and if it doesn't getting it off your chest may help you move on.
Anonymous #3
Report 4 weeks ago
Have you been in contact at all since you broke up?
Son of the Sea
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
You’ve just admitted he’s not right for you and it wouldn’t work so what’s the point in reaching out? Seems like you want to do it more for validation and to alleviate your loneliness and those are never good reasons for contacting your ex. Just leave it alone and move on.
sufys
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
He's your ex for a reason. Leave him be...
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Have you been in contact at all since you broke up?
Yup he helped me out with something and still has my stuff which he put in storage and we planned that when he’s back (he moved abroad) he would give me access to
Get my stuff back but that’s not for a while
Anonymous #3
Report 4 weeks ago
Yup he helped me out with something and still has my stuff which he put in storage and we planned that when he’s back (he moved abroad) he would give me access to
Get my stuff back but that’s not for a while
I guess there's no harm in sending a message just to see if you get a response and see where it goes. But don't be disheartened if you don't get a reply.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (19)
32.2%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (22)
37.29%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
3.39%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
5.08%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (4)
6.78%
I’m starting to consider my university options (7)
11.86%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (1)
1.69%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
1.69%

Watched Threads