Second year

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I've failed to submit an assignment due to mental health reasons - which is weighed at 50%. I did not ask for an extension since I was really overwhelmed and figured it would be too late cos I had read that it would take a few days to get approval. To pass I need 120 credits, what are the chances of me getting a deferral? Or what are the possible steps that would take place after this?
kaorimiyazono
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
If you have evidence that your mental health was bad (like a therapist/psychologist/doctor's note) then you probably have a good chance of getting a deferral and/or extension.
hallamstudents
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi, what university are you studying at? The process and application will differ from university to university. I can have a specific look for you if you give me a little more about your circumstances or just which university you are currently studying at.

- Rosie
Coventry University Student Ambassadors
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I've failed to submit an assignment due to mental health reasons - which is weighed at 50%. I did not ask for an extension since I was really overwhelmed and figured it would be too late cos I had read that it would take a few days to get approval. To pass I need 120 credits, what are the chances of me getting a deferral? Or what are the possible steps that would take place after this?
Hi there,

If you could get a note from a doctor or even one of your lecturers, stating that your mental health was bad and stopped you from achieving your best, you may be able to get a deferral or extension... but I do believe no matter what, you can get a resit if you're not happy with your mark or failed; your lecturers may just try and stop you depending on what type of student you are. If you're usually a spot-on or A* student in their eyes, they may just see this as a little wobble but not one to be concerned about.

But I would suggest looking at getting an deferral or resit since this was 50%. Get in touch with your lecturer on how to get this sorted as they will know best and guide you to where you need to be.

I hope this helps!

El
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (9)
42.86%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (5)
23.81%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
9.52%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (0)
0%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (1)
4.76%
I’m starting to consider my university options (3)
14.29%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (0)
0%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
4.76%

Watched Threads