compared bayonet charge w/ soti

Watch this thread
radicaledward
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
i managed to write 5 pages and used quotes, structure, language and form

but i still feel like i ****ed up using soti

am i ****ed lol
ajgiqigjq
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
it doesn't matter what you compared as long as you were convincing
radicaledward
Rep:
(Original post by ajgiqigjq)
it doesn't matter what you compared as long as you were convincing
does "both poems convey how you should question conflict" sound like a good point?

i led on saying how the protag's patriotism in bayonet charge faltered, linking it with "its a huge nothing we fear" in soti - saying that, at the end of the day, human conflict is nothing and we are taught that it is more meaningful than it is

does that sound ok?? lol
jennaa21
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
i knew someone who did checking out me history, dw you'll be fine
radicaledward
Rep:
(Original post by jennaa21)
i knew someone who did checking out me history, dw you'll be fine
did they manage to write a lot about it??
jennaa21
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by radicaledward)
did they manage to write a lot about it??
no, a video by mr salles predicted that checking out me history was going to come up so they studied it very well and oh how that prediction was wrong, its not mr salles fault though, just the students for only studying london and checking out me history. if u wrote about form, structure and language you'll be fine
radicaledward
Rep:
no, a video by mr salles predicted that checking out me history was going to come up so they studied it very well and oh how that prediction was wrong, its not mr salles fault though, just the students for only studying london and checking out me history. if u wrote about form, structure and language you'll be fine
i said how bayonet charge stanza length goes 8,7,8 and how soti's structure is free verse
would that get me marks for form + structure? the rest of the essay was mainly language analysis and poet's intentions
jennaa21
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
i said how bayonet charge stanza length goes 8,7,8 and how soti's structure is free verse
would that get me marks for form + structure? the rest of the essay was mainly language analysis and poet's intentions
yes defo that would get you marks
radicaledward
Rep:
yes defo that would get you marks
thank you for the peace of mind
do de die egg
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
Would not writing a conclusion cap my marks?
radicaledward
Rep:
(Original post by do de die egg)
Would not writing a conclusion cap my marks?
don't think so, im pretty sure conclusions or intros aren't even included in the mark scheme
correct me if i'm wrong
Last edited by radicaledward; 4 weeks ago
do de die egg
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
don't think so, im pretty sure conclusions or intros aren't even included in the mark scheme
I hope you are right 🤞
ajgiqigjq
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
does "both poems convey how you should question conflict" sound like a good point?

i led on saying how the protag's patriotism in bayonet charge faltered, linking it with "its a huge nothing we fear" in soti - saying that, at the end of the day, human conflict is nothing and we are taught that it is more meaningful than it is

does that sound ok?? lol
yh that sounds great! personally never thought about those poems in that way but it makes sense. I'm sure you have done fine, after all SOTI can be read as an allegory for violence and war so its fine to compare it to BC.

Don't worry about the exam. Now just focus on your next ones
radicaledward
Rep:
(Original post by ajgiqigjq)
yh that sounds great! personally never thought about those poems in that way but it makes sense. I'm sure you have done fine, after all SOTI can be read as an allegory for violence and war so its fine to compare it to BC.

Don't worry about the exam. Now just focus on your next ones
thank you! hoping for the best
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (16)
28.57%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (22)
39.29%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
3.57%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
5.36%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (4)
7.14%
I’m starting to consider my university options (7)
12.5%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (1)
1.79%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
1.79%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed