Resitting a level

Watch this thread
R4V
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Ok so I had my business paper 1 today and I messed up soooooo bad. Ngl I think I’m gonna get a D overall or a C. My other subjects I’m confident on.. I’ve already received an A or an A* for my photography and media I think I can get a B or an A. I’m going to be taking a gap year. But I feel like I’ve already failed business so I was wondering if I could resit the exams to get a good grade.

Would unis still accept my application if I retake a subject? Or would they just reject me.
quartz_quadrant
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
Yes, very few unis will reject you for resitting, a good majority of them will still accept your application. It might be worth narrowing down a couple universities you're interested in going to and calling them to see their stance about resits.
R4V
Rep:
(Original post by quartz_quadrant)
Yes, very few unis will reject you for resitting, a good majority of them will still accept your application. It might be worth narrowing down a couple universities you're interested in going to and calling them to see their stance about resits.
How will it work then? Like I’ll have 2 A levels in the summer but I really think I messed up in business so I’ll have to resit. But I won’t have the advanced info to help me so idk. And will I get a unconditional from the unis having already got my grades for 2 subjects?
Admit-One
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by R4V)
How will it work then? Like I’ll have 2 A levels in the summer but I really think I messed up in business so I’ll have to resit. But I won’t have the advanced info to help me so idk. And will I get a unconditional from the unis having already got my grades for 2 subjects?
You'd usually get an offer conditional on getting a certain grade in your retake.

On your app you'd list the subject twice, once with your original grade, and another as pending.
PinkMobilePhone
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
Moved to A Levels
R4V
Rep:
(Original post by Admit-One)
You'd usually get an offer conditional on getting a certain grade in your retake.

On your app you'd list the subject twice, once with your original grade, and another as pending.
Sweet thank you. Because I was getting A/B last year. Predicted B but my teacher said I have potential for an A. Then I started year 13 and I been struggling with mental health since day 1 of year 13… grades dropped to C/D. And having just done this first paper for my actual exam I really think I’ve messed up. I want atleast a B but it’s basically out of reach. I’m dedicated and determined to get a higher grade. I just hope my application isn’t disadvantaged because of my summer results and year 13 results when my year 12 and predicted grades were so much higher.
Admit-One
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by R4V)
Sweet thank you. Because I was getting A/B last year. Predicted B but my teacher said I have potential for an A. Then I started year 13 and I been struggling with mental health since day 1 of year 13… grades dropped to C/D. And having just done this first paper for my actual exam I really think I’ve messed up. I want atleast a B but it’s basically out of reach. I’m dedicated and determined to get a higher grade. I just hope my application isn’t disadvantaged because of my summer results and year 13 results when my year 12 and predicted grades were so much higher.
Very, very few courses disadvantage applicants with retakes. It's usually ultra competitive courses and they should state on their admissions pages if that is the case.

If the worse comes to the worse and you do need to retake, you can always contact your choices ahead of applying to confirm how they consider retakes.
zik04._
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Admit-One)

Hey, this may be a stupid question but its important to me. if i get a B or maybe even an A in a level law, a C or maybe even a B in cefs libf financial studies but i get a fail in my level 3 national extended certificate for business, is there any universities that will still accept me? Or if i get a B/A, C/B but only a Pass in business, would brunel still accept me even though they gave me a conditional offer of B,C and Distinction, can i get thru clearing? Lastly, ik i can redo A levels nexy yer, could i do the same for my business coursework, to redo the unit 1 coursework next year. I really need to get into uni and i dont know what im gonna do to myself if i fail getting into uni, my parents have had high hopes for me.
Last edited by zik04._; 4 weeks ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (24)
28.57%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (29)
34.52%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (8)
9.52%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
3.57%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (5)
5.95%
I’m starting to consider my university options (12)
14.29%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (2)
2.38%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
1.19%

Watched Threads