Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Just did four straight hours on mats (MMA -> KBoxing -> BJJ), and my feet are blistered to hell!

What are your special remedies?

ReputationRep:
    Don't pop them!
    And just let them heal themselves, thats what I do, because of playing badminton for sometimes days at a time.
    They generally harden over a day or two and then you can get back to normal as they cant pop!

Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    Get some blister plasters and pop them on (I'm sure you get these in America), try not to pop them and wear sensible comfortable shoes.

ReputationRep:
    ^ I agree with above.

I had a horrible time in Berlin when I was there in summer- we walked everywhere and my shoes didn't fit properly and I had a GIANT blister on my foot, was so sore to walk on. I had to bandage it up because I was walking so much, but I left it otherwise and it eventually healded itself.

ReputationRep:
    If i get bad blisters I drain them so there's no liquid left inside and then the skin will slowly dry out and peel off Obviously do this with a sterile needle!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannahhi)
    ^ I agree with above.

I had a horrible time in Berlin when I was there in summer- we walked everywhere and my shoes didn't fit properly and I had a GIANT blister on my foot, was so sore to walk on. I had to bandage it up because I was walking so much, but I left it otherwise and it eventually healded itself.
    God, same here last year, Berlin and went on a 12 hour walking tour with some old geezer called Terry or something from London. Interesting as hell, but I couldn't walk anywhere for two days without feeling like I was walking on nails.

Best way to get rid of them is rest, stay off your feet if possible they clear up or become bearable fairly quickly!

Funny this, cuz I was just reading up on the internet about sore feet as I'm just in from work and ready to throw my shoes out the window.

ReputationRep:
    Pop and cover.

ReputationRep:
    Try putting a blob of vaseline where it rubs. It doesn't rub off/dry up easily and has helped me many times. Usually when i rub really bad rather than stand on my feet for so long though. Worth a try x

ReputationRep:
    Surgical spirit, from a pharmacy. Apply liberally every other day for a few days and it toughens your skin up, the effects disappear when you stop using it though but hopefully your skin will not need it after a few weeks of application.

This stuff works for real as well, I used it on my hands whilst doing tree surgery practicals [hauling ass up and down rope all day].

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jim-ie)
    God, same here last year, Berlin and went on a 12 hour walking tour with some old geezer called Terry or something from London. Interesting as hell, but I couldn't walk anywhere for two days without feeling like I was walking on nails.
    Must be something about Berlin + walking. We were there 9 days, walking everyday- was agony!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gracie88)
    If i get bad blisters I drain them so there's no liquid left inside and then the skin will slowly dry out and peel off Obviously do this with a sterile needle!
    AGREEEEED. Possibly the most painless and fun way of blister curing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannahhi)
    Must be something about Berlin + walking. We were there 9 days, walking everyday- was agony!
    Must be. Went up to Saschenhausen and the walk from the station was lined with pebble stones, absolute agony :mad:

ReputationRep:
    drain em germolene and a plaster

ReputationRep:
    Yeah don't pop them 'cos the liquid inside them is antibacterial and you should leave them as long as poss. :]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brouhaha)
    Yeah don't pop them 'cos the liquid inside them is antibacterial and you should leave them as long as poss. :]
    :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Get some moisturiser and literally cover your feet in it without rubbing it in. Put cotton socks over the top and sleep that way.

May not heal it but it's definately soothing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chris the Mathematician!)
    Don't pop them!
    And just let them heal themselves, thats what I do, because of playing badminton for sometimes days at a time.
    They generally harden over a day or two and then you can get back to normal as they cant pop!

Hope this helps
    THIS.

Within a few weeks your feed should have hardened up enough to prevent you having this problem in the future.

If you absolutely must go for blister plasters Compeed are very good.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 9, 2008
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.