University application

Watch this thread
Pakisaurus
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I got really bad predicted grades BDD and I wanna be able to study materials science in Manchester uni but it requires AAA. I don't think they are gonna accept me but if my actual grades meet the requirements will I be able to get a place and how?
ajj2000
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
Do you have an offer or are you looking to apply next year?
hungrysalamander
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
Clearing, adjustment (if they're available next year*) or gap year
Last edited by hungrysalamander; 4 weeks ago
Pakisaurus
Rep:
(Original post by ajj2000)
Do you have an offer or are you looking to apply next year?
Im in yr 12 rn so I'm gonna apply next year
Pakisaurus
Rep:
(Original post by hungrysalamander)
Clearing, adjustment (if they're available this year) or gap year
Can you explain how they work
Admit-One
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by hungrysalamander)
Clearing, adjustment (if they're available this year) or gap year
(Normally I would encourage an Extra application but with your current predictions I think it would be a waste.)

There’s no adjustment this year so your two options are clearing (if it’s available) or a gap year and reapply with achieved grades.
Squeege36
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Pakisaurus)
There's still time to improve them then! Focus on improving them now and try to get your teachers to bump up the predicted grades before you send your application. :^)

I would consider alternate course options closer to your current predicted grades for an insurance choice (or to pick from once you get all your offers next year) but you've still got a shot at AAA. 👀
Pakisaurus
Rep:
(Original post by Admit-One)
(Normally I would encourage an Extra application but with your current predictions I think it would be a waste.)

There’s no adjustment this year so your two options are clearing (if it’s available) or a gap year and reapply with achieved grades.
Why isn't there adjustment this year? How did u find out?
Admit-One
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
Why isn't there adjustment this year? How did u find out?
Very, very few students actually got placed via adjustment. Less than a hundred each year. I’m guessing it just wasn’t worth the hassle of running, for UCAS or unis.

Confirmed via a UCAS spokesperson here:

https://www.theuniguide.co.uk/advice...ment-explained
McGinger
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago

Read this - especially the bit about making your 5 choices across a range of different grade requirements - https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/uni...ity-rejections
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (9)
45%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (5)
25%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
10%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (0)
0%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (0)
0%
I’m starting to consider my university options (3)
15%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (0)
0%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
5%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise