British national, lives in EU, applying for finance for 2022/23

Watch this thread
barbaraellie
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hello
Can UK nationals still get finance using the right to roam principle?My son UK born, lived in Spain most of his life now would like to study in UK.
Thank you
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
You'd be best talking to UKCISA on their student advice line.
They'll be able to explain how the rules work for fee status and student support for his individual case (and the specific rules he would fall under should you need to appeal an assessment)
barbaraellie
Rep:
(Original post by PQ)
You'd be best talking to UKCISA on their student advice line.
They'll be able to explain how the rules work for fee status and student support for his individual case (and the specific rules he would fall under should you need to appeal an assessment)
Thanks, PQ. Will do as you suggest.
Jen SFE
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by barbaraellie)
Hello
Can UK nationals still get finance using the right to roam principle?My son UK born, lived in Spain most of his life now would like to study in UK.
Thank you
Hi Barbara,

As your son has been exercising his right to reside, he should be eligible to receive funding from ourselves.

Thanks, Jen
barbaraellie
Rep:
Thanks, Jen. That´s great to hear.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (19)
32.2%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (22)
37.29%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
3.39%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
5.08%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (4)
6.78%
I’m starting to consider my university options (7)
11.86%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (1)
1.69%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
1.69%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed