The Student Room Group

Aston Optometry clearing 2022

Hi everyone , I’m a first year student looking to drop out of my current course. My alevel grades are A*AA in bio, chem and business studies. Just wondering whether optometry usually goes to clearing and how would I apply to it? Like what’s the process of clearing? Do I have to drop out first etc ? Please explain and thank you
what course are you currently studying? You could email admissions and ask to transfer?
I’m studying medicine at a uni, but the uni doesn’t do OPTOM so I need to apply to another for OPTOM
Original post by wiccan404
what course are you currently studying? You could email admissions and ask to transfer?
Its still worth contacting other possible Unis at this stage - they will be able to tell you if their course is likley to be in Clearing or not.
You dont have to withdraw from your existing Uni until you have a definite place and that could be right up to when you have to re-enrol for next year.

Just be aware that Optom courses interview and many of these sort of courses dont go into Clearing because they cant organise that in the middle of Clearing - so they usually have a 'reserve' list of those they did interview this year but who just mised out on an offer, and will offer those people any spaces.
Original post by McGinger
Its still worth contacting other possible Unis at this stage - they will be able to tell you if their course is likley to be in Clearing or not.
You dont have to withdraw from your existing Uni until you have a definite place and that could be right up to when you have to re-enrol for next year.

Just be aware that Optom courses interview and many of these sort of courses dont go into Clearing because they cant organise that in the middle of Clearing - so they usually have a 'reserve' list of those they did interview this year but who just mised out on an offer, and will offer those people any spaces.

Hii!!

Can I do this? I called aston, they said they may have clearing spaces but I’ll find out by aug 18.
But it also says they don’t accept 2nd years so if I keep continuing that’ll affect it right? Also if I do apply whilst still doing med, will my medical school know?

If not, Aston said I can just re apply in 2023

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending