AQA GCSE English Literature Paper 1 8702/1N - 25 May 2022 [Exam Chat]

Watch this thread
weriCRYS
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
so for writers method did you have to show a range or was 1 enough? if you did 1 only could that mark for the whole thing?
chan432
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
wait wdym u only did one method?
weriCRYS
Rep:
(Original post by chan432)
wait wdym u only did one method?
oh nah i didnt even do it at all. was just asking if i did manage to do at least 1 will i get marks for it or do you have to do a range.
do de die egg
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I didn't write a conclusion. Does it matter?
chan432
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I think u have to do a range to show the examiner that u fully understand the text and what the writer wants the reader/audience to feel. what was the one u managed to do?

(Original post by weriCRYS)
oh nah i didnt even do it at all. was just asking if i did manage to do at least 1 will i get marks for it or do you have to do a range.
chan432
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
nah I dont think it really matters. as long as ur last paragraph seemed finished I think its fine. idk tho

(Original post by do de die egg)
weriCRYS
Rep:
i didnt do it too and im guessing yeah it does matter
chan432
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
yh I think a conclusion just rounds off all ur ideas and shows that u made a coherent argument. but idk if u'll lose loads of marks for not doing one
i didnt do it too and im guessing yeah it does matter
do de die egg
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
so for writers method did you have to show a range or was 1 enough? if you did 1 only could that mark for the whole thing?
Did you include subject terminology?
weriCRYS
Rep:
I think u have to do a range to show the examiner that u fully understand the text and what the writer wants the reader/audience to feel. what was the one u managed to do?
okay so if you mean writers methods like simile metaphors i didnt do it but i did add in context does that count as writers methods technically or their ideas?
chan432
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
if u did context then that would count towards AO3 which is max 6 marks. writers methods would be AO2 and that's like 12 marks and that includes similes metaphors etc.

okay so if you mean writers methods like simile metaphors i didnt do it but i did add in context does that count as writers methods technically or their ideas?
weriCRYS
Rep:
because i was too focused on context to even care about similes metaphors....smh
chan432
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
did u zoom in on words and their effects?
because i was too focused on context to even care about similes metaphors....smh
weriCRYS
Rep:
if u did context then that would count towards AO3 which is max 6 marks. writers methods would be AO2 and that's like 12 marks and that includes similes metaphors etc.
honestly paper 1 is a clear flop for me im just gonna make it up for paper 2 so i can get that 9.....i dont even know why i think this, maybe high standards? you see im a top grade student for english. but anyways yeah if similes and personification part of ao2 then its clear flop for me. the thing is the examiners probably gonna think i dont know when in reality i do know subject terminology i just really didnt have time
weriCRYS
Rep:
did u zoom in on words and their effects?
well only for one. i just said here you can see they are being aggressive but i didnt add in the effect. :cry2:
weriCRYS
Rep:
nope
chan432
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
slayy top grade student uno. dw u'll do better in the next one <33
honestly paper 1 is a clear flop for me im just gonna make it up for paper 2 so i can get that 9.....i dont even know why i think this, maybe high standards? you see im a top grade student for english. but anyways yeah if similes and personification part of ao2 then its clear flop for me. the thing is the examiners probably gonna think i dont know when in reality i do know subject terminology i just really didnt have time
do de die egg
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
don't worry. we are all on the same boat.
Last edited by do de die egg; 1 month ago
weriCRYS
Rep:
slayy top grade student uno. dw u'll do better in the next one <33
the next one im gonna basically finish everything perfectly then have 10 minutes of resting. thanks, you too! but i should assume you already have done well lol since you arent stress replying to me just giving me answers.
weriCRYS
Rep:
last thing does structure and form get marked and how much is it worth, IF you KNOW!

i didnt do that too for the modern play or novel

but i did for poetry luckily.
Last edited by weriCRYS; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (51)
26.15%
As I expected (64)
32.82%
Harder (72)
36.92%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (8)
4.1%

Watched Threads