The Student Room Group

What should my EPQ title be?

I'm currently starting my EPQ on Formula 1, but I am struggling with creating a title for me to come to a research-based conclusion to it, rather than a simple "yes or no" answer, and was hoping to get some advice and guidance on how I could rephrase or refocus my title. My main interests in Formula 1 are the safety changes that were made to the cars, the engineering aspects of the cars, and specific events that either positively/negatively affected the sport. Some of the title ideas that I've come up with so far are:
1. How did Romain Grosjean's fireball crash prove the necessity of the halo in Formula 1?
2. Would a halo have saved Ayrton Senna's life?
3. What makes the perfect Formula 1 car?
4. To what extent does engineering in Formula 1 have an effect on human error?
Some insight on how to improve these titles, in order for me to develop a research-based conclusion or answer to the questions, would be extremely helpful.
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Original post by johnzayat
I'm currently starting my EPQ on Formula 1, but I am struggling with creating a title for me to come to a research-based conclusion to it, rather than a simple "yes or no" answer, and was hoping to get some advice and guidance on how I could rephrase or refocus my title. My main interests in Formula 1 are the safety changes that were made to the cars, the engineering aspects of the cars, and specific events that either positively/negatively affected the sport. Some of the title ideas that I've come up with so far are:
1. How did Romain Grosjean's fireball crash prove the necessity of the halo in Formula 1?
2. Would a halo have saved Ayrton Senna's life?
3. What makes the perfect Formula 1 car?
4. To what extent does engineering in Formula 1 have an effect on human error?
Some insight on how to improve these titles, in order for me to develop a research-based conclusion or answer to the questions, would be extremely helpful.

Hey,
My formula 1 knowledge is slim but I did do an EPQ so Ill try to help! One of the things I was told that makes a strong EPQ title is having a question that gives you the opportunity to debate two sides of an argument to add depth and a judgement at the end. If you can decide on a topic it might be helpful to finalise a title once you've done some research- there might be more research on a certain area giving you a larger academic base.

Hope this helps!

Eleanor
- Student Ambassador

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending