Wrong candidate number!!

Watch this thread
Becky :)))))
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I accidentally wrote the wrong candidate number on my paper, what will happen??
uglyplushy
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
my friend did a similar thing. she asked the invigilators and they said they're meant to check through each of the papers anyway before sending them off to ensure the details at the front are correct. i think it should be fine hopefully, but you should probably talk to the head of exams at your school about it just to be safe
DataVenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
As above, they'll have a record of the candidate number of everyone in the room, and they'll be able to match each of these to a name.

Before sending off all the papers to the exam board there's a process they go through of checking the details on the front page. If they spot an error they'll simply correct it. (The front page is the only page they're allowed to correct, for obvious reasons!)

However teachers are humans too, and if the mistake is subtle (a single digit being wrong, for example) they might not spot it. So definitely contact the school to make them aware, so they can specifically look-out for your paper.
SilverStorm819
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I’m pretty sure that the papers have to leave the school within 12 hours of the examination, so you should ask your school to check immediately!
Our Cambridge officer told us the whole process, and apparently; the package containing all the papers for the exams that were conducted that day must leave the school that day itself. And I’m pretty sure they count the papers and seal the packages before you leave the exam hall, so that they cannot be tampered with. But each centre handles the packaging part of the process differently so I don’t know.
So inform someone asap so that they can handle it right now, or atleast tell you what will happen so you don’t worry so much
gdunne42
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Above comments are correct that the papers are supposed to be sealed and sent the same day as the exam. If it hasn't been spotted by exams staff at your school then it will pop up as an error when the examiners scan your paper. If your name and candidate number don't match they will correct it.
jamesh234
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Becky :))))))
I accidentally wrote the wrong candidate number on my paper, what will happen??
The invigilators should check and cross-reference each of the papers but even if they don't, as others have said, when examiners see that the candidate number does not match the name, they will flag it as an error and it will be corrected.
Becky :)))))
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Thanks everyone for your replies! They’re very helpful in explaining the process. Just to update you all, I got in touch with my exams coordinator at my school and she said they’re all checked before being sent off and the error was noticed and corrected so I can breathe a sigh of relief! Good luck to everyone doing exams this season x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (51)
26.02%
As I expected (65)
33.16%
Harder (72)
36.73%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (8)
4.08%

Watched Threads