Veterinary Medicine with a 2:2 Vet nursing degree ?

Watch this thread
gizelamariya
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hello, I want to apply to Study Veterinary Medicine and become a veterinary surgeon. I am currently working as a vet nurse and have a 2:2 BSc( Hons Degree). Is there anyone who has been in the same situation? Are there any vet schools that I’d be able to apply and would be willing to take me? Thanks
Pigwigs21
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
Hiya,
I was in a similar position just with a biovet degree and I am starting at RVC in September. It can be done, i'd just check the university requirements - you wouldn't be able to apply for the 4 year course but you can apply to some places for the 5 year degree!
splash675
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Pigwigs21)
Hiya,
I was in a similar position just with a biovet degree and I am starting at RVC in September. It can be done, i'd just check the university requirements - you wouldn't be able to apply for the 4 year course but you can apply to some places for the 5 year degree!
Did you get in to the standard 5 year or were you able to get in to the 4 year course?
Pigwigs21
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by splash675)
Did you get in to the standard 5 year or were you able to get in to the 4 year course?
5 year, I don't think any of the 4 year courses accept below a 2:1
bels1208
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
Hiya,
hey, I really want to do this in the future. I might get a 2:2 sadly but how keen are rvc accepting 2:2 ? or not too keen
bels1208
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
5 year, I don't think any of the 4 year courses accept below a 2:1
Could you tell me tips of funding a second one, and all the things i should be doing now to prepare. Do you usually apply for 2nd degree during your summer after grades established or b4. Tysm
Nessie162
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by bels1208)
Could you tell me tips of funding a second one, and all the things i should be doing now to prepare. Do you usually apply for 2nd degree during your summer after grades established or b4. Tysm
You apply before you get your final grades, and you would receive a conditional offer. (or you can apply after you graduate and take a gap year)
As for funding, you are eligible for a second maintenance loan to cover your living costs but you will have to pay the tuition fees yourself as SFE will not cover that.
bels1208
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Nessie162)
You apply before you get your final grades, and you would receive a conditional offer. (or you can apply after you graduate and take a gap year)
As for funding, you are eligible for a second maintenance loan to cover your living costs but you will have to pay the tuition fees yourself as SFE will not cover that.
TyTysm you are literally the best. Do you have like a platform to contact you on snap or something just so its easier to ask. or tutoring
bels1208
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Nessie162)
Your the best. Thank you so much for helping me. Is there another platform to speak in or like sc cus you really help and it means the actual world.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (3)
37.5%
As I expected (2)
25%
Harder (2)
25%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
12.5%

Watched Threads