HELP I accidentally used a highlighter in the answer of my exam

Watch this thread
Glumdrops
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I’m such an idiot I had so many quotes and I kinda forgot I was doing my actual GCSE English Lit paper!!! So I was highlighting my quotes in my test like my English teacher had us do in lesson and didn’t even realise I’m such an idiot 🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲 what do I do?!
Anonyhairmouse
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Lmao how tf did u manage that

It won’t get marked because they scan it in and it won’t be able to read highlighter
DataVenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
As I'm sure you know, the papers are digitally scanned so they can be more easily sent to examiners around the country. The highlighting is likely to impact the scanning process, and mean that text doesn't scan properly - potentially making your quotes illegible.

However, if there are any image quality issues and the examiners can't read any parts of the paper, or the scanner itself detects that the scanned images don't meet quality control, the paper will sent for traditional marking.

It's not like you're the first person to have used a highlighter in an exam. It's probably best to leave your highlighters at home on exam days, though!
_Robyn_
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Glumdrops)
I’m such an idiot I had so many quotes and I kinda forgot I was doing my actual GCSE English Lit paper!!! So I was highlighting my quotes in my test like my English teacher had us do in lesson and didn’t even realise I’m such an idiot 🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲 what do I do?!
I don't think there is much you can do tbh. They get scanned and highlighter doesn't show up. So if the examiner sees gaps in your writing they may request to mark it physically. If you are really worried try contacting someone maybe to see if they can do anything and to get it marked physically. Don't panic this happens often it'll be fine
skylark2
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
What you do now is you go through your pencil case and take out everything you shouldn't use on an exam paper so you physically can't make silly mistakes like that when you're stressed. I'm surprised there wasn't a check made of what you were taking into the exam before everyone's first exam, to be honest, but that's water under the bridge.

Like others have said, they'll sort it out.
Glumdrops
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by _Robyn_)
I don't think there is much you can do tbh. They get scanned and highlighter doesn't show up. So if the examiner sees gaps in your writing they may request to mark it physically. If you are really worried try contacting someone maybe to see if they can do anything and to get it marked physically. Don't panic this happens often it'll be fine
Thankyou that has given me a lot of peace of mind xxx I’ll try
_Robyn_
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Glumdrops)
Thankyou that has given me a lot of peace of mind xxx I’ll try
No worries. Hope it works out for you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (39)
32.23%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (55)
45.45%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (26)
21.49%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
0.83%

Watched Threads