The Student Room Group

How would I do in this four marker?

Explain two similar religious beliefs about the use of community service as a punishment.

Christians believe that community service is a good punishment because It helps reform the offender. It gives them a second chance in the community to be useful members of society, because God told humans to forgive one another. For example, offenders may clean off graffiti.

Also, Sikhs believe that community service is a good punishment as it helps offenders perform sewa. It helps them gain better karma over the bad karma they have in their life by performing actions without a reward, such that offenders could eventually reach mutki.
I don't know about sikhism but the Christianity one is fine. As you have give a point and explained so I would give full marks for that first paragraph. Good job! :biggrin:
Reply 2
Original post by Sobigbesan17
Explain two similar religious beliefs about the use of community service as a punishment.

Christians believe that community service is a good punishment because It helps reform the offender. It gives them a second chance in the community to be useful members of society, because God told humans to forgive one another. For example, offenders may clean off graffiti.

Also, Sikhs believe that community service is a good punishment as it helps offenders perform sewa. It helps them gain better karma over the bad karma they have in their life by performing actions without a reward, such that offenders could eventually reach mutki.

The Sikhism answer is written really well and good point about Sewa as it’s good to help others as it is one of the gurus teachings

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending