No drive

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Please keep anon

Feeling very numb and ‘out of it’. Normally I’d be really excited for the summer and getting ready to go out and go shopping and just see different places but this year I’ve just felt so … distant.

I just don’t feel anything at all. Just finished my exams and I don’t feel anything, normally I would be on my way to go shopping or just baking and doing stuff but I just feel so lonely full and grey inside.

Maybe it’s because I’ve been reflected on my life but I just feel like a shell of someone dead inside. No excitement for anything I can’t see a future.
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
Heyy just wanted to say,

It is okay to feel this way! You should pat yourself on the back for getting through the exam season. It is honestly stressful to go through so many exams, and you should be proud of yourself. I mean it. It is okay to just relax and do nothing for a while. Relax and do something you like (I usually like to make and eat something delicious or just watch a movies/drama). Slowly pick yourself up. You can do it.

Also, I found that whenever I was stressed or days that I was sad before, I used to really bring myself down, think negatively about the future and think negatively about myself. Then I researched and read about this and found online posts about this and read about what other people did to tackle this. It is really helpful to look at how other people solve problems (not only this but generally). I found really encouraging stuff! I also learnt the lesson that it is always important to never to come to any conclusions when I am in this state. Whatever state one is in, that person will tend to look to their life through those glasses.

and don't think about the future. Try to enjoy and relax right now! Think about a time when you thought you had a problem that would never be solved but eventually did get solved, and about how you worried so much at that time but you are here right now and way past that.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Anonymous)
Heyy just wanted to say,

It is okay to feel this way! You should pat yourself on the back for getting through the exam season. It is honestly stressful to go through so many exams, and you should be proud of yourself. I mean it. It is okay to just relax and do nothing for a while. Relax and do something you like (I usually like to make and eat something delicious or just watch a movies/drama). Slowly pick yourself up. You can do it.

Also, I found that whenever I was stressed or days that I was sad before, I used to really bring myself down, think negatively about the future and think negatively about myself. Then I researched and read about this and found online posts about this and read about what other people did to tackle this. It is really helpful to look at how other people solve problems (not only this but generally). I found really encouraging stuff! I also learnt the lesson that it is always important to never to come to any conclusions when I am in this state. Whatever state one is in, that person will tend to look to their life through those glasses.

and don't think about the future. Try to enjoy and relax right now! Think about a time when you thought you had a problem that would never be solved but eventually did get solved, and about how you worried so much at that time but you are here right now and way past that.
Hey thanks for the tips
It’s not really thinking negatively or myself or the future, idk it’s more so just sadness and that I used to be so happy and outgoing but I’ve done a 180 on myself and I’m not sure how to get my confidence back

Maybe I just need some headspace to think and just relax

Thank again might try and do an at home spa maybe get some face masks and make ice tea

Maybe it’s just how everyone feels after university exams? Not sure
Mentalhealth*12
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
It could be due to lack of exercise or sunlight from revising all day. People forget how important diet, exercise, and hydration are to mental health.
flippingpanda
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
Hey thanks for the tips
It’s not really thinking negatively or myself or the future, idk it’s more so just sadness and that I used to be so happy and outgoing but I’ve done a 180 on myself and I’m not sure how to get my confidence back

Maybe I just need some headspace to think and just relax

Thank again might try and do an at home spa maybe get some face masks and make ice tea

Maybe it’s just how everyone feels after university exams? Not sure
You are welcome! I hope everything goes well for you Face masks and ice tea sounds so good!! Please invite me lol I have a stash of Korean face masks that could last me a year haha...

And it's true, that is literally how everyone feels after uni exams. WHen I first posted to you, I had 1 hour left for my last exam. The exam is now over and I just cannot believe that I won't have exams anymore... Am excited to binge-watch all my shows though.
Last edited by flippingpanda; 4 weeks ago
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Mentalhealth*12)
It could be due to lack of exercise or sunlight from revising all day. People forget how important diet, exercise, and hydration are to mental health.
I think it was just me staying cooped up for almost 2 months I just went out and I feel better, walked a fair bit too and now I’m gonna have something nice to eat!

I think I just need to force myself to do stuff maybe

(Original post by flippingpanda)
You are welcome! I hope everything goes well for you Face masks and ice tea sounds so good!! Please invite me lol I have a stash of Korean face masks that could last me a year haha...

And it's true, that is literally how everyone feels after uni exams. WHen I first posted to you, I had 1 hour left for my last exam. The exam is now over and I just cannot believe that I won't have exams anymore... Am excited to binge-watch all my shows though.
hope your exam went well!
Oooh I’ve heard Korean face masks are reall good, I’m gonna try some at home ones

I might look for some books to read over summer in the sun
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
I think it was just me staying cooped up for almost 2 months I just went out and I feel better, walked a fair bit too and now I’m gonna have something nice to eat!

I think I just need to force myself to do stuff maybe

hope your exam went well!
Oooh I’ve heard Korean face masks are reall good, I’m gonna try some at home ones

I might look for some books to read over summer in the sun
Thank you! Good to hear that you are feeling better.
flippingpanda
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
oops posted anonymously by accident.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (19)
32.2%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (22)
37.29%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
3.39%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
5.08%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (4)
6.78%
I’m starting to consider my university options (7)
11.86%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (1)
1.69%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
1.69%

Watched Threads