Cuspake
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
What is the difference between the cytoplasm and the cytosol, or are they just the same thing?
turkeydinosaur16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
they're the same
(Original post by Cuspake)
What is the difference between the cytoplasm and the cytosol, or are they just the same thing?
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by turkeydinosaur16)
they're the same
No, they're not.
Cytosol: the aqueous interior of the cell, i.e. the ICF
Cytoplasm: the entire contents bounded by the cell membrane - contains organelles, the cytosol, etc etc.
Cuspake
Rep:
(Original post by Reality Check)
No, they're not.

Cytoplasm: the entire contents bounded by the cell membrane - contains organelles, the cytosol, etc etc.
Thank you! For A Level is it fine to just say cytoplasm instead of referring to the cytosol?
turkeydinosaur16
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
No, they're not.

At this level they are
Last edited by turkeydinosaur16; 4 weeks ago
Jpw1097
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
At this level they are
No, they’re not the same at any level.
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
Thank you! For A Level is it fine to just say cytoplasm instead of referring to the cytosol?
9 times out of 10 you'll be referring to the cytoplasm, so I'd stick with that word.

At this level they are
Wrong again.
Cuspake
Rep:
9 times out of 10 you'll be referring to the cytoplasm, so I'd stick with that word.

Wrong again.
Thank you
turkeydinosaur16
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago

Wrong again.
Well it's carried me through A Levels and undergrad so far so we'll have to agree to disagree on that one. I am yet to encounter a question where the distinction has been important
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (19)
32.2%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (22)
37.29%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
3.39%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
5.08%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (4)
6.78%
I’m starting to consider my university options (7)
11.86%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (1)
1.69%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
1.69%

Watched Threads