Physics circuit question

Watch this thread
grhas98
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hello, for this question I get C, because I find the current in each loop by finding total resistance and dividing current by that, then multiply by two as there are two of these loops but it is the wrong answer.
How would I getB as the answer?Name:  03463943-6E4A-4EF2-A450-9FED19DE13EF.jpg.jpeg
Views: 13
Size:  15.4 KB
Mocha Latte
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by grhas98)
Hello, for this question I get C, because I find the current in each loop by finding total resistance and dividing current by that, then multiply by two as there are two of these loops but it is the wrong answer.
How would I getB as the answer?Name:  03463943-6E4A-4EF2-A450-9FED19DE13EF.jpg.jpeg
Views: 13
Size:  15.4 KB
The resistance of the battery combination is 0.8 as they're in parallel.
So 1.5 = 0.8I + 2.4I
Solve and you get I = 0.46875 so it's B
grhas98
Rep:
(Original post by Mocha Latte)
The resistance of the battery combination is 0.8 as they're in parallel.
So 1.5 = 0.8I + 2.4I
Solve and you get I = 0.46875 so it's B
But non of the current from the first battery will go through that second battery will it because the currents would oppose eachother?
sv_04
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
because kirchoffs second law it goes through one battery at a time. emf in is equal to V out in closed loop,
grhas98
Rep:
But non of the current from the first battery will go through that second battery will it because the currents would oppose eachother?
Oh ye forgot about Kirchhofs laws
Ethanity007
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
Both the batteries are supplying current to the resistor. So if the current thru the resistor is I, then the current in each of the battery branch would be I/2
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (19)
32.2%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (22)
37.29%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
3.39%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
5.08%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (4)
6.78%
I’m starting to consider my university options (7)
11.86%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (1)
1.69%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
1.69%

Watched Threads