Bath University Query

Watch this thread
SneakIsReal
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I am a 17yo, Y12 student, studying towards a BTEC Level 3 extended diploma in business, currently getting all distinctions with a stringent teacher,
GRADES - I am predicted D*DD.

My GCSE's are NOT amazing, as I was going through a rough patch in my life;
GRADES - (7,6,6,5,5,5,5,4,4) (A,B,B,B,B,B,B,C,C)

English Lit & Lang (4,4) (C,C)
Mathematics (6) (B)

I am aware for most universities I would need to resit English and increase it to at least a (6) (B).

I am looking at applying to Bath University for 2023 entry or 2024 entry
for either their management or business courses, I would like advice on whether my educational history would allow me to achieve this or not, as I know bath is very competitive.

I have a strong employment history; Hospitality (both FOH and Kitchen)
Alongside multiple work placements; Admin & Accountancy

I also live and come from a VERY deprived area so I do not know if that affects my application in or out of my favour.

I appreciate any advice or thoughts you guys have!!
Last edited by SneakIsReal; 4 weeks ago
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by SneakIsReal)
I am a 17yo, Y12 student, studying towards a BTEC Level 3 extended diploma in business, currently getting all distinctions with a stringent teacher,
GRADES - I am predicted D*DD.

My GCSE's are NOT amazing, as I was going through a rough patch in my life;
GRADES - (7,6,6,5,5,5,5,4,4) (A,B,B,B,B,B,B,C,C)

English Lit & Lang (4,4) (C,C)
Mathematics (6) (B)

I am aware for most universities I would need to resit English and increase it to at least a (6) (B).

I am looking at applying to Bath University for 2023 entry or 2024 entry
for either their management or business courses, I would like advice on whether my educational history would allow me to achieve this or not, as I know bath is very competitive.

I have a strong employment history; Hospitality (both FOH and Kitchen)
Alongside multiple work placements; Admin & Accountancy

I also live and come from a VERY deprived area so I do not know if that affects my application in or out of my favour.

I appreciate any advice or thoughts you guys have!!
Bath Uni requirements for Management BSc are DDD at BTEC. So if your predicted grades stay at D*DD then you will be seriously considered as a candidate. Your personal statement and reference is likely to be the deciding factor for a competitive application. Your GCSE grades are unlikely to affect you for any Business/Management courses (outside of Oxford and LSE).

Does this help to put your mind at rest a little?
SneakIsReal
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by 04MR17)
Bath Uni requirements for Management BSc are DDD at BTEC. So if your predicted grades stay at D*DD then you will be seriously considered as a candidate. Your personal statement and reference is likely to be the deciding factor for a competitive application. Your GCSE grades are unlikely to affect you for any Business/Management courses (outside of Oxford and LSE).

Does this help to put your mind at rest a little?
Thankyou for providing me with this insight, i will resit English still and try to achieve with in it, but i am worried that if i do not achieve, my other significant achievements will not be considered because of it.
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by SneakIsReal)
Thankyou for providing me with this insight, i will resit English still and try to achieve with in it, but i am worried that if i do not achieve, my other significant achievements will not be considered because of it.
I think you need to look at this in a different way. There isn't a threshold where if you do enough things you are guaranteed a place. Your GCSE grades will do, they usually aren't considered very heavily at all. Your personal statement and reference need to be solid, as these will decide your application outcomes. You have the predicted grades that meet (and exceed) the entry requirements, so that won't be a problem either.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (15)
28.85%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (21)
40.38%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
3.85%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
5.77%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (4)
7.69%
I’m starting to consider my university options (6)
11.54%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (0)
0%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
1.92%

Watched Threads