Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Cannabis....Becoming a habit.. watch

Announcements

Hi there,

Well I started in the summer with friends, and to be honest it seems like its becoming a habit, every 3 days or so now. I never buy it myself, (don't know how to roll up which is a good thing), so its only ever with friends. I do not smoke ****, so i'm not at all addicted to tobacco. Think its more of a habit than an addiction, just wondered if anyone else has had this? If so, is it addictive?

ReputationRep:
    You can't get physically addicted to cannabis.

ReputationRep:
    Just go a week without it now and again and you should be fine. I know I'd have the same issue if I knew a dealer or had friends who smoke, as it happens it's been 3 months without so I'm waiting until I finish school now!

just stop, i smoked it for years and stopped one day, its quite easy really
    weeds not addictive

ReputationRep:
    It's likely it will have been cut with tobacco, so you might be starting to get addicted

ReputationRep:
    You can become reliant on it, beware.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    just stop, i smoked it for years and stopped one day, its quite easy really
    weeds not addictive
    Id agree to an extent, I never missed it when it wasnt around or I was in a situation I couldnt get any. You can become reliant on the effects of it however, even if there is no physical addiction.

I will just make sure from now on that the tobacco amount is cut down heavily, otherwise I won't bother, I am glad I do not smoke **** though!....Just afraid there is a possibility it could get addictive, clearly not if a very minimum amount of tobacco is included.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Desperate Prayer)
    You can become reliant on it, beware.
    As you can with anything else. I don't think I've ever heard of someone dying from weed.

Not that I've ever smoked it, or drunk alcohol. Double standardsness from most people IMO (this rant wasn't aimed at you..lol)

ReputationRep:
    It's not really addictive but as other people have said, you can become reliant on the effects.

if ur smoking too much then you will unawarely (is this a word) get addicted to the tobacco that you smoke with the weed. i didnt realize until i went on holiday.

still if ur not doing it more than twice a week ul be fine.

Never understood this trend of mixing weed with tobacco. I hate it when they do that. Give me pure green joints any day. Much stronger high, less likely to feel nausea, and not as bad on the lungs. Hell, I prefer a bowl over all too unless it's communal or on the go.

Gah, it just really annoys me and makes me feel like we're wasting some good stuff by not getting as clean of a high. I also find it tends to not last as long (though the high is more intense initially.)

As for the OP. You'll be fine, if the addiction is worrying you, tell them to cut out the tobacco completely, use a filter and you'll be okay. Better high too!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 10, 2008
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.