The Student Room Group

Uni or SCITT PGCE

Hey guys looking for some advice…
What would you pick because I really can’t decide! I’m going to train to teach on a primary PGCE in September.

I’ve just been offered a place on a SCITT that runs directly through a network of schools and accredited by the University of Birmingham and a place to do the primary PGCE at Newman.

Who do I pick?
The SCITT was only offering 8 spaces and I’ve been offered one which is such a big achievement pros of being in school from the get go, less people so maybe better for interaction teaching ratios less and all the other pros for a SCITT etc

But Newman uni seems to be the place to go for teaching, I’ll have access to the uni, library, resources, employability teams student support etc and have more of a chance to meet people and help each other etc…

Help a girl out…
HI @Traine1996,
It is really downs to your personal preferences and the opportunities offered. Support is crucial during your ITT year so I would personally choose the ones that needs to be more supportive. Maybe go back to both of them and ask questions about who your mentor will be, will they be experienced teacher, how often will you see them, will it be timetabled? ect.
There is no better way to train as at the end of the day, a school will appoint who they feel is the best teacher for their school.
I hope it helps.

Laure

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending