I’m doing a degree apprenticeship at the Bank of England. Ask me anything.

Watch this thread
Siobhan7778
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Economics BSc Bank of England
BenRyan99
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Siobhan7778)
Behind the closed doors of the Bank, are people in there as sceptical of DSGE modelling as everyone in the private sector is, but have to persist using them because they're one of the only methodologies for microfounded policymaking that's robust to policy changes?

For real though, what have they actually got you doing? When I was interning in the Treausry the apprentices didn't seem to do much outside chartmaking, writing briefs on new stats releases and doing ad-hoc tasks like readouts of meetings/webinars. I would've thought the lack of adv macro methods and econometric training makes it tough to get apprentices to do more than the general tasks I mentioned?
Cyrilkmr
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Siobhan7778)
Hi I am doing maths,further mats and chemistry and want to make career in finance /mainly in investrment banking. would apprentichip would be the good route or instead i should do degree courses/ Please suggest and how and when i can apply for apprentichip?
BenRyan99
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Cyrilkmr)
Hi I am doing maths,further mats and chemistry and want to make career in finance /mainly in investrment banking. would apprentichip would be the good route or instead i should do degree courses/ Please suggest and how and when i can apply for apprentichip?
As far as I'm aware, there aren't any apprenticeship schemes in the investment banking department of investment banks in the UK, although there are a couple available for other roles within investment banks.

They hire university degree students as interns and graduates (subject studied doesn't matter) but they have minimum A-Level requirements of ABB and going to a top university gives you a strong advantage. A large proportion of people who make up the graduate cohorts in investment banking departments at IB's have done at least one internship at an investment bank prior to joining as a graduate
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (36)
33.96%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (48)
45.28%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (21)
19.81%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
0.94%

Watched Threads