The Student Room Group
Original post by Siobhan7778
Economics BSc Bank of England

Behind the closed doors of the Bank, are people in there as sceptical of DSGE modelling as everyone in the private sector is, but have to persist using them because they're one of the only methodologies for microfounded policymaking that's robust to policy changes?

For real though, what have they actually got you doing? When I was interning in the Treausry the apprentices didn't seem to do much outside chartmaking, writing briefs on new stats releases and doing ad-hoc tasks like readouts of meetings/webinars. I would've thought the lack of adv macro methods and econometric training makes it tough to get apprentices to do more than the general tasks I mentioned?
Reply 2

Hi I am doing maths,further mats and chemistry and want to make career in finance /mainly in investrment banking. would apprentichip would be the good route or instead i should do degree courses/ Please suggest and how and when i can apply for apprentichip?
Original post by Cyrilkmr
Hi I am doing maths,further mats and chemistry and want to make career in finance /mainly in investrment banking. would apprentichip would be the good route or instead i should do degree courses/ Please suggest and how and when i can apply for apprentichip?

As far as I'm aware, there aren't any apprenticeship schemes in the investment banking department of investment banks in the UK, although there are a couple available for other roles within investment banks.

They hire university degree students as interns and graduates (subject studied doesn't matter) but they have minimum A-Level requirements of ABB and going to a top university gives you a strong advantage. A large proportion of people who make up the graduate cohorts in investment banking departments at IB's have done at least one internship at an investment bank prior to joining as a graduate

hi - do you work in the Data and Analytics Transformation directorate by any chance? I'm thinking of either doing a tech degree apprenticeship, or maths and computing at uni. What's like life and how many apprentices are there, please?

Latest

Trending

Trending