Failed in Masters

Watch this thread
NasHeron
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I’m a international student here in UK.I failed in one module worth 15 credits. After attending Resit I failed there too. Now the university is not giving another chance to re-apply for the course. My visa expired date is 4th June. Now what can I do? I’m very depressed, cannot think any better future. I don’t want to go back home as I’m from a poor family.
Dimebag-Darrell
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by NasHeron)
I’m a international student here in UK.I failed in one module worth 15 credits. After attending Resit I failed there too. Now the university is not giving another chance to re-apply for the course. My visa expired date is 4th June. Now what can I do? I’m very depressed, cannot think any better future. I don’t want to go back home as I’m from a poor family.
I don't know how visas work but if your sole concern is not going back home, you could apply for september 2022 entry for unis with later entry dates/clearing, or if you play an instrument you could apply to many music unis such as LCCM, ACM, ICMP who are still holding auditions, you will need to make a UCAS account immediately in any case, there's really not a whole lot of preparation for the auditions if you'd like a music uni.
DataVenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
What were you planning on doing if you had passed the course? Would your visa not still have expired on 4th June, meaning you'd be required to leave the country anyway?
Admit-One
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by DataVenia)
What were you planning on doing if you had passed the course? Would your visa not still have expired on 4th June, meaning you'd be required to leave the country anyway?
Successful grads can apply to stay for a further 2 years in the UK, (source).

If it is the unis policy to only allow 1 resit and you failed it, unfortunately there is nothing that can be done. If you had any mitigating circumstances, (such as ill health), those could have been brought up to see if they might be more flexible, but as you only have until 4th June until you must leave the country then even if that is the case then you don't have time to appeal the outcome.

A long shot, but are there any unis in your home country which might accept a transfer of your credits?
mnot
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
Speak to the SU, and basically attempt to conjure up some reason for one more resit; although id mentally prepare for that to be rejected.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (51)
26.15%
As I expected (64)
32.82%
Harder (72)
36.92%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (8)
4.1%

Watched Threads