The Student Room Group

Where can I get the list of universities that still accept applications at this time

Searching for options to add in UCAS Extra. Thanks!
Original post by Sulphurous16G
Searching for options to add in UCAS Extra. Thanks!

You should be able to filter by vacancies. On the UCAS Course Searching tool. Once you’ve found a university - some universities can tell you if they’d accept you if you apply, if you ask via email. Some may not. Best of luck.
(Original post by Sulphurous16G)Searching for options to add in UCAS Extra. Thanks!

There isnt a list as it changes constantly, Look on ucas course search and filter using show courses with vacancies then RING the university to check they still have vacancies as sometimes they havent been taken off. Any university that isnt shown has closed the subject for the year and it is extremely unlikely they will open for clearing. Ring rather than email as you need an immediate response and they may take weeks to reply to emails.
What subject are you interested in - and what are your grade predictions?
Thanks @Schotel @swanseajack1 I just mailed them and they replied that applications for the 2021-22 cycle are closed to the course I'm applying.
Guess they don't take for Extra, right? However the course is still listed on the UCAS Search tool
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by McGinger
What subject are you interested in - and what are your grade predictions?

Birmingham Uni CS.
Predicted grades are AAA
Thanks @Schotel @swanseajack1 I just mailed them and they replied that applications for the 2021-22 cycle are closed to the course I'm applying.
Guess they don't take for Extra, right? However the course is still listed on the UCAS Search tool

Did you FILTER the course search to only show courses with vacancies?

I have just checked the filtered version of ucas course search and Birmingham isnt sjhown as open for CS so it wont be available in extra and almost certainly wont be in clearing.
Reply 8
Hi can somebody help me. I have a conditional offer which I have accepted, but I've changed my mind and want to go somewhere else. If I apply for a different course via UCAS, what happens to my current offer? Does that still apply until I accept another offer?
(Original post by Tom0029)Hi can somebody help me. I have a conditional offer which I have accepted, but I've changed my mind and want to go somewhere else. If I apply for a different course via UCAS, what happens to my current offer? Does that still apply until I accept another offer?

No you have to give up your offer elsewhere before you can use ucas extra or clearing. You cannot be holding a current offer.
Original post by Tom0029
Hi can somebody help me. I have a conditional offer which I have accepted, but I've changed my mind and want to go somewhere else. If I apply for a different course via UCAS, what happens to my current offer? Does that still apply until I accept another offer?

You need to contact ucas and ask them to change your replies so that you declined all your offers in order to add an extra choice

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending