Where can I get the list of universities that still accept applications at this time

Watch this thread
Sulphurous16G
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Searching for options to add in UCAS Extra. Thanks!
Schotel
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Sulphurous16G)
Searching for options to add in UCAS Extra. Thanks!
You should be able to filter by vacancies. On the UCAS Course Searching tool. Once you’ve found a university - some universities can tell you if they’d accept you if you apply, if you ask via email. Some may not. Best of luck.
swanseajack1
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Sulphurous16G)Searching for options to add in UCAS Extra. Thanks!

There isnt a list as it changes constantly, Look on ucas course search and filter using show courses with vacancies then RING the university to check they still have vacancies as sometimes they havent been taken off. Any university that isnt shown has closed the subject for the year and it is extremely unlikely they will open for clearing. Ring rather than email as you need an immediate response and they may take weeks to reply to emails.
McGinger
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
What subject are you interested in - and what are your grade predictions?
Sulphurous16G
Rep:
Thanks Schotel swanseajack1 I just mailed them and they replied that applications for the 2021-22 cycle are closed to the course I'm applying.
Guess they don't take for Extra, right? However the course is still listed on the UCAS Search tool
Last edited by Sulphurous16G; 4 weeks ago
Sulphurous16G
Rep:
(Original post by McGinger)
What subject are you interested in - and what are your grade predictions?
Birmingham Uni CS.
Predicted grades are AAA
PQ
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
Thanks Schotel swanseajack1 I just mailed them and they replied that applications for the 2021-22 cycle are closed to the course I'm applying.
Guess they don't take for Extra, right? However the course is still listed on the UCAS Search tool
Did you FILTER the course search to only show courses with vacancies?
swanseajack1
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
I have just checked the filtered version of ucas course search and Birmingham isnt sjhown as open for CS so it wont be available in extra and almost certainly wont be in clearing.
Tom0029
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi can somebody help me. I have a conditional offer which I have accepted, but I've changed my mind and want to go somewhere else. If I apply for a different course via UCAS, what happens to my current offer? Does that still apply until I accept another offer?
swanseajack1
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Tom0029)Hi can somebody help me. I have a conditional offer which I have accepted, but I've changed my mind and want to go somewhere else. If I apply for a different course via UCAS, what happens to my current offer? Does that still apply until I accept another offer?

No you have to give up your offer elsewhere before you can use ucas extra or clearing. You cannot be holding a current offer.
PQ
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Tom0029)
Hi can somebody help me. I have a conditional offer which I have accepted, but I've changed my mind and want to go somewhere else. If I apply for a different course via UCAS, what happens to my current offer? Does that still apply until I accept another offer?
You need to contact ucas and ask them to change your replies so that you declined all your offers in order to add an extra choice
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (19)
32.2%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (22)
37.29%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
3.39%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
5.08%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (4)
6.78%
I’m starting to consider my university options (7)
11.86%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (1)
1.69%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
1.69%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise