Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    Has anyone else downloaded the demo? If so, what are your thoughts?

I'm loving the originality.

Trailer here: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=2N1TJP1cxmo

ReputationRep:
    It is a great idea, but i can see the full game being so damn frustrating & maybe easy to get bored of.

Graphics were impressive from the demo & the trial level was good.

Original, for sure.

Exciting? Not so sure.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    looks alright, wouldn't buy it (looks a bit, um, simple :p: and one of those things which wear off pretty fast). What's the demo like?

ReputationRep:
    it's so linear..
    follow red.

but overall love it.

ReputationRep:
    I have to say i was disapointed with the demo (mainly due to only being 1 very short level) why are demos so short nowadays? it sucks..

anyway.. back on topic..

Im excited to play the full game... I can see the time trial stuff being more fun than the "story" and mastering linking all the different moves should be fun. SO overall I'd say im pretty excited about it.

ReputationRep:
    Wasn't that impressed by the demo tbh. Seems like a game you'll get bored of quite quickly since the main gameplay element is, afterall, running about...

ReputationRep:
    Fun for the first time I tried it. Unfortunately it looks as though (in my perspective at least) that it'll lose it's innovativity really fast, leading to boredom.

Campaign is only around the 6-8 hour mark though, and with no multiplayer i can't imagine it being much of a keeper.

Albeit I can't wait for some PC mods to come out for it when it arrives *late*

ReputationRep:
    yeah i heard the game was ridiculously short (especially when compared to the god of games, fallout 3)
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    Saying that though, look at games like Braid and Portal. They aren't meant to be huge epic games, but something original that leaves you wanting more.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't like it. I love the idea but it didn't move fast enough IMO.

ReputationRep:
    can't understand why everyone is so negative about it. i guess 6 - 8 hours and no multiplayer is a bit of a ***** if you pay full retail price.... but the gameplay is ******* spot on imo. perfect checkpoint system... i spent ages and ages trying to kill the first group of gards you meet in the demo and it's just too much fun (even tho i didn't manage it, killed 2... maybe 3). when you nail the controls the possibilities are pretty much endless. also, jumping down from above and kneeing someone in to the ground is very satisfying, as is disappearing in the blink of an eye after you make your kill. "like a bat from the rafters" as someone on the radio of gta3 would say.

ReputationRep:
    are you even supposed to be taking on the guards head on? cos i thought the main objective is to avoid confrontation if possible cos fighting isn't the character's main strength.

anywayz, i liked the look of the game & the concept. but it kind of felt empty...the environment in the demo anywayz. then again, i shouldn't be expecting big crowds on the rooftops. heh
    control wise, i didn't really quite get the hang of it when i came to jumping/rolling/sliding. if anything, the control layout just didn't feel right to me, so my char wasn't really "flowing" like the whole point of this freerunning thing...my movements were pretty clumsy, if anything.

if i had to choose between Assassin's Creed & Mirror's Edge, my vote will go to Assassin's Creed tho.

ReputationRep:
    Get it for 20 pounds off ebay, I'm sure it will be a good diversion next year.

ReputationRep:
    I'll give it a rent.
    Demo was ok but getting used to the controls were annoying at first, didn't get the full hang of it anyway but i'll give it a rent either way.

ReputationRep:
    I love it; I got a time trial code for the demo the other day and it's gonna be a great game to speed run, but I'm mainly looking forward to doing the story without using any weapons.

Pre-ordered it the other week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kimgan)
    are you even supposed to be taking on the guards head on? cos i thought the main objective is to avoid confrontation if possible cos fighting isn't the character's main strength.
    no, but that's the challenge
    control wise, i didn't really quite get the hang of it when i came to jumping/rolling/sliding. if anything, the control layout just didn't feel right to me, so my char wasn't really "flowing" like the whole point of this freerunning thing...my movements were pretty clumsy, if anything.
    ps3 or 360? i think the ps3 controller is better suited to it tbh. anyway i found the controls amazingly intuitive. on my second run through i was taking all kinds of funky shortcuts, like after you drop down and see the guards i rolled to the right, ran up the wall, turned, jumped on to the boxes, ran up that wall, turned and jumped over the stairs, run up the stairs and do another wall jump and got to the top of the stairs. such a slick game

ReputationRep:
    will get really repetitive

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmoElmo)
    I'll give it a rent.
    :ditto:

As people have said, it strikes me as a game that may well get old very quickly unless they manage to really mix up the levels. Because at the end of the day, it is just a glorified platformer...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Choad)
    no, but that's the challenge

ps3 or 360? i think the ps3 controller is better suited to it tbh. anyway i found the controls amazingly intuitive. on my second run through i was taking all kinds of funky shortcuts, like after you drop down and see the guards i rolled to the right, ran up the wall, turned, jumped on to the boxes, ran up that wall, turned and jumped over the stairs, run up the stairs and do another wall jump and got to the top of the stairs. such a slick game
    mine's on Xbox360. the controls are mostly on the L/R triggers & buttons. i get disorientated with them as the movement controls.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eklipz89)
    will get really repetitive
    repetitive like every single fps ever made, only this one is not an fps, it's something interesting, and there is more depth to the game mechanics than "shoot people"

people go bat **** insane over halo and the likes....

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.