declining firm uni to go into ucas extra?

Watch this thread
darcy999
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
hi! i have firmed my offer from UCL to study classics but have been thinking for a while that i would feel overwhelmed as a student in London and wouldn't enjoy my time there. i have spoken to another university and they said that they would likely give me an offer if i applied through ucas extra. is there a way to release yourself from your firm uni if you firmed it over 14 days ago as i really do think i would be a lot happier in the other uni!
Last edited by darcy999; 4 weeks ago
Spelunker
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
i think after 14 days you cant change your firm choice, and ucas extra is for people who have got rejected from all their offers or declined all their offers. you can decline your place on results day and then go into clearing and apply their but that may be risky
Admit-One
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by darcy999)
hi! i have firmed my offer from UCL to study classics but have been thinking for a while that i would feel overwhelmed as a student in London and wouldn't enjoy my time there. i have spoken to another university and they said that they would likely give me an offer if i applied through ucas extra. is there a way to release yourself from your firm uni if you firmed it over 14 days ago as i really do think i would be a lot happier in the other uni!
Contact UCL directly and ask if they would willing to change your reply to a decline. You'll also need to give the same instruction to UCAS.

If you have an insurance you'll need to decline that too.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (21)
26.58%
As I expected (24)
30.38%
Harder (29)
36.71%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (5)
6.33%

Watched Threads