The Student Room Group

It just feels wrong

When I look at girls for more than just a normal look. I just don't feel comfortable looking at a girl in that sexual way, or to smile. When I look at them and they lok at me I just feel inclined to look away. It's almost like wemeet eyes and they themself look away because they don't want to be seen looking at people etc. I do it myself. I just don't get how it works. Am I meant to hold the gaze longer? It makes me feel like some kind of peadophile, esepcially when the girls walks by and notices it. What should I do guys? How do you play it with the looks?
Reply 1
Erm, don't stare at anyone!
nope, nope did not understand a word.But good luck with that
Reply 3
A paedophile? How old are the people youre looking at? That should maybe be Pervert?

But meet eyes, look away and then look back. Fail safe :smile:
Reply 4
woofums

But meet eyes, look away and then look back. Fail safe :smile:

This. :smile: good luck!
Reply 5
Dude, a look is a look. Nothing more. You're thinking way too much. If you're walking down the street past a girl, then obviously staring as she walks past is a bit weird. But, if you're in a club or a shop, a look and a smile isn't anything... it just means your not an insociable ****.
Reply 6
It also has to do with the way I was brought up. It was not seen as something to do in my family, to look at girls in a flirty manner etc I was brought up religiously so I kind of feel like I shouldn't be looking at them like that. And no I look at girls my age but still I feel as if they look at me and think 'why is he loking at me?'
Reply 7
The fact you're making eye contact with a girl, certainly doesn't apply you want to **** them then and there, man. Chillax.
Reply 8
I try to avoid contact with them you see. I just wish I had the confidence to be myself around them.
Reply 9
Woah, you're really overthinking this eye contact thing... stop worrying about it
Reply 10
When a girl sees you looking at them the only way they would think 'y r thy looking at me' is if u DON'T smile or hold there gaze. Who cares what they are thinking anyway if your just going to let them all walk on by?lol
crooks & castles
nope, nope did not understand a word.But good luck with that

same statement as above!
Reply 12
Anonymous
When I look at girls for more than just a normal look. I just don't feel comfortable looking at a girl in that sexual way, or to smile. When I look at them and they lok at me I just feel inclined to look away. It's almost like wemeet eyes and they themself look away because they don't want to be seen looking at people etc. I do it myself. I just don't get how it works. Am I meant to hold the gaze longer? It makes me feel like some kind of peadophile, esepcially when the girls walks by and notices it. What should I do guys? How do you play it with the looks?

I can sympathise...I certainly have a similar problem looking guys I fancy in the eye (although I can chat and flirt with people I dont fancy!).

You are doing exactly what I do...totally overanalysing the situation!!

What someone else said was right...look at them hold their gaze for a couple of seconds...look away and then look back at them. If they're still looking at you, give them a friendly smile :smile: