ebyrne2036
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Tips on revising English lit? It’s Shakespeares Taming of the Shrew with an extract attached
katrin04
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
I've always found video analysis super heloful - try researching on youtube to see if anyone has a good overview of the play since they usually have really good ideas/notes you can adapt. also, make sure you know your vocabulary so you can actually understand what the extract is saying. another tip is to learn language and structural features you would be able to recognise, and their effect - Shakespeare is particularly known for his iambic pentameter.

i'd also practice highlighting certain extracts! print out a few scenes and give yourself around 5 minutes to read, highlight, and pick out a bunch of features you can then analyse. I'm not sure if you have to involve context as well but it would be good to learn some to apply

hope this helps a little!
ebyrne2036
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Thank u so much
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (21)
26.25%
As I expected (24)
30%
Harder (30)
37.5%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (5)
6.25%

Watched Threads